or Connect

Posts by Peter1

Hello Gents, Up for sale is a pair of Epaulet Rivet Chinos, olive green ripstop. Great slim fitting casual or office casual pants. Used, but in good condition. Probably worn 25 times, washed in cold and hung dry probably 4 times. Tiny wallet fades on L rear pocket. Color is a touch more green than in the photo. Trademark Epaulet twill out seam tape. Measurements as per Epaulet : W 33.5; Rise 11; Inseam 35.5; T 12.5; Leg opening 7.75. Shipping via USPS to continental...
Seriously looking at the FSC x AE pebble Macneils. http://shop.freemanssportingclub.com/collections/footwear/products/fw-allen-edmonds-for-f-s-c Has AE ever done other collabs? I'm sort of out of the loop with AE, but these caught my eye.
I find Brooks Brothers in general to be good value -- so if you're looking for a conservative business suit, say for an interview or bank/law job, I'd go there first.But I agree you should look at J Crew -- as someone who rarely wears suits and buys new ones only every 5 years or so, i think you really want to be able to walk into a store and try on a bunch in your size range. Esp. if you're young and fit, their slim cut Ludlow is a good choice. it will probably be out of...
I'm moving to France in a couple of months, and was wondering if APC denim or clothes are any cheaper in Paris. Looks to be identical -- at this point NS on the .fr APC web site are 135 euros, which is about 180 US. (plus vat, however, which could tip the balance). Does anyone know any different? Is it just coincidence or does APC peg prices to the dollar? I also noticed that there seem to be a few different NS washes on the .fr web site than on the US one.
As an experiment, I found a BNWT pair of Hecho en Mexico selvedge STF 501s at a fund-raiser sale for $20. I'm going TTS at 32-34, (normally I like a 33 inseam) so I plan on wearing a little bit then cold-soaking with a stick in the waistband. Basically just trying to find a pair of beater jeans. They do have a leather patch and seem to be identical to the MiUSA $178 501 Selvedge they're now selling. I think the Mexico ones sold for $98 a couple of years ago. As others...
Living through NYC winters (except this one!) I've come to prefer heavier denim (currently wearing 16 oz BiG N-02's). But we will be moving to France in a few months and I would like something a bit lighter -- 12-13 oz -- as a second pair that I can wear in warmer weather. APC would be the obvious choice, but that seems a little TOO obvious in France. Looking for a slim straight or slight taper, medium rise, at a relatively low price point (150-225ish), with no or minimal...
+1 -- and, I'll add, now that LLB has free shipping (again!) I took another spin through their catalog and bought a few things. That, combined with their return policy, goes a long way to overcoming my distaste at what kind of company they've become.I'll add Brooks Brothers to retailers with great return policies. Once you get in their system they'll take anything back, any time, and are super-quick to fulfill substitutions on open orders, even on "final sale" items. Plus...
I can recommend the popovers very highly. I may pick up another this year -- the gray polka dot looks like a winner.
These are absolutely perfect -- exactly what I'm looking for. We're moving to Paris in a few months and I was just thinking that I'll need a raincoat suitable for business wear. Let's see what my tax refund will be this year...
This may be heresy...but...I've been wearing rivet chinos to work a lot (2x a week)...and I'm actually less in love with the taped outseam than I was a couple of years ago. (I cuff about 1.5 inches) I think it may not be the tape as much as the stitching. But the fit is absolutely perfect. Mike, would you even consider replacing the tape with a felled seam? (believe the term is either flat-felled or double-felled?) The cost might be the same, i.e. replacing the tape with...