or Connect

Posts by Peter1

Here's a Epaulet-related cleaning tip. I managed to dump coffee on my practically new clay canvas rivet chinos the other day:censored: (sabotaged by the coffee shop worker -- lid wasn't fastened all around). Making things worse, there was cream in the coffee, and I was at work with nothing but water and paper towels. I blotted the stain (most of my left thigh) with cold water as best I could. When I got home I soaked the pants in a quarter cup of Borax in a gallon of ...
Ultimately if you're not comfortable you should size up.However, I actually sized down for my last 2 rivet chinos (old style) from a 33 to a 32. I may go with a 33 next and have them taken in now that it's possible -- I think what I really need is a 32 waist with a 33 top block. The old 33's were bunching at the waist once they stretched.
It's been 20 years since i seriously read philosophy/lit crit, but if you want a gateway book that will show you the power of stuff like that, I'd recommend "Practical Ethics" by Peter Singer. It set off a firestorm of criticism from advocates for the disabled, you might recall. It's a great read that can stand on its own without a grounding in classical philosophy.
Nah. I used to wear camo pants pretty often and I'm not a wild man by any means. IMO it works best with an untucked OCBD or looser gray or white T (black will make you look like Dog the Bounty Hunter). I think you want to be super casual and avoid any suggestion that you are in the miltary or want to be. But I do understand that wearing camo is a touchy subject.I have my ideal camo chinos in mind -- a big, non "Tactical" pattern is key, i really like the S D'A ones on that...
Hello, I have a pair of size 9 L.L. Bean Signature Hunting Shoes, in tan waxed canvas. They are too wide for me in the heel. Worn about 10-15 times, mostly to and from subway. Note that these only come in whole sizes, and the standard is to size down 1/2 size. For reference, I'm a 9.5 C/D on a Brannock. These are a D width, in the 8-eyelet height. Link to item on Bean site below. I can take a photo of the soles if you're seriously interested -- there's only a small bit of...
I think you're just trying to minimize trips to Costco.Anyway, too monochromatic for my taste -- but fit and texture is great.
Yep, just a regular climbing carabiner from the days when I used to climb (before children -- someday one will be my ropegun...). I've been meaning to order a leather fob from Zissou if he's still making them...I'm always juggling stuff so I need to have the keys handy. And jamming a ring with a bunch of keys into jeans that fit the way I like them to is hazardous to my femoral artery. I do keep my iphone in my front pocket ... but that's not really a good solution: I'm...
Getting back to the "personal payment" part: So in the future if we want buyers to pay via PayPal we should just say "$50 via PayPal" and leave the "gift" or "4 percent" part until the PM'ing back and forth? Edit: I'm cool with all the rules. The best part about B&S is the level of trust, because everything is transparent.
The test is when you're sitting down. You want to avoid the mangina effect. I think you know what I mean.
Rivet chinos fit me with a single 1.5-2" cuff right off the rack. My gunmetals shrank a little in the length (cold/gentle) so I sometimes don't even cuff themThis summer tho I'll be wearing my light stone canvas rivets rolled up to catch the breeze...