or Connect

Posts by Peter1

Too true!
In NYC I mostly see guys in their 30s and up wearing it. It's not really a "hipster" brand -- and that's a good thing. Hipster is not a compliment in New York.
True, there's a lot of EG out there (and you think you're over-exposed -- i work around the corner from Nepenthes!), but their distribution is calculated to really spread the brand pretty thin. Nepenthes does get all the exotic stuff, but they sometimes don't get the basics that places like Context and Drinkwater's stock (and they stock what they know will sell, as they should).By "exclusive" I sort of meant to say that EG still maintains an insiders' feel.Of course,...
Nah, then everyone would wear EG and I'd have to move on....seriously, part of being a niche/exclusive/whatever brand is keeping consumers on the hunt and keeping the flame of desire fully stoked.
@KG Messier: I am not sure the cuffs on the rivet chinos work with such formal shoes. Just a nit -- as usual a well-done fit.
Cotton duck pants are on my list. I may give the desert pants another try this year, too, in navy. I like this collection better than S/S, I have to say. I'm not onboard with the drastically cropped outerwear/hood or the down whatchamacallit. Looks too much like a flak jacket.
I've gotten so used to the feel of a watch that my wrist feels naked when I don't wear one. I've always liked vintage watches, especially if there's some sort of story behind them. My Seamaster was given to an uncle as a HS grad present in the early 60s, my Rolex Oyster Perpetual was my late father's, I bought my wife a NOS Hamilton milspec to replace one owned by her late father... But yeah, a cellphone keeps better time, obvs... The other great thing about...
Quote: Originally Posted by flyguy7 Probably a 2, though it would be helpful if you listed some specific brands that you're a small in. If you're referring to j.crew or similar lines then you could probably pull off a 3. If you're talking about more fitted stuff like gitman vintage, probably a 2. Going to NYC this weekend. Gonna' be pretty busy for the most part but definitely going to get some shopping in. Other than Barneys what are some...
^^Loving the long Birdies. I used to wear the short ones when I lifeguarded. A coupla years ago I special ordered a pair of burgundy cord walk shorts that are ridiculously comfortable and pretty much one of a kind...
You're on the right trac -- I think East Village and points north on the East Side are your best bet. LES -- housing can be really crappy. Gramercy proper is pricey, but east end may be in your range. Union Square...limited housing in immediate area, but again, look east toward East Village. I wouldn't be afraid going up to Murray Hill. It's a quiet place to live and convenient to downtown. Definitely get your finances and records in order and be prepared to drop 3 months'...