or Connect

Posts by Peter1

Try a e width. I'm 9.5d in macneils but 9.5e in Daltons. Toe box is narrow.Super comfortable..I'd love a black dalton with natural welt and commando sole...
At least for the editorial, please keep turning down those freebies. To be honest I think that the community can sniff out stealth marketing etc. Plus there's plenty of affiliate/fanboy threads if you want a rose-colored-glasses view.As for editorial, I'd like to see more interviews with designers at the same time they release their seasonal collections. And not just designers per se, but also with people like Christian from Left Field, who ever chooses Gitman's fabrics etc.
Ah, right, the 310. I really don't like upturned toes, whether on work boots or "baller footwear" so had put it out of my mental map.
Waxed flesh SF service boot in the wild. 2045 last is probably viberg's clunkiest but actually really sleek for a "work" boot.
@hirsh, please just start a thread titled "hirsh." You can post whatever you want there, as many times as you want. I'll even unblock you.
If those sample boots fit you, I'd keep them. Doesn't look good now but I guarantee with some wear it will barely be noticeable, esp. since it's on the inside.
Tbh that cut isn't very, um, flattering. Thigh pulling is really uncomfortable, esp. If they droop off you waist. You might want to try a higher rise so they sit on your hip bones. I like a cold soak after a few weeks to get some of the extra dye out and sort of set the shrinkage. But if sanforized you won't see much.
Reviving this thread for an endorsement of Emile Lafaurie. If you are visiting Paris during the solders (January and July) this is a pretty good buy. I picked up a slim cut cotton/linen casual sports coat for 130 euros and a cotton/linen scarf for 25 in their Batignolles boutique. Not sure I'd pay full price but if you want relatively discreet euro-style biz/cash stuff you can't go wrong. Not sure if they still sell in the US.
I might try to sell them here or Sufi.. Too tight jeans are no fun, esp if raw.If they're wearable I don't really see a need to soak,but eventually you'll probably have to wash them..I've had good luck with inside out cold wash on the wool cycle, then hang dry. But I think you're going to see some shrinkage no matter what. Dry cleaning is certainly an option. I'm sure it won't hurt them.Ime if they get really foul smelling a soak won't do it..
^^I know I'm old and out of touch, but I just can't get excited about mass market companies like Vans/Nike rolling out "limited" editions and collaborations. It's not the same as, say, Viberg, where they don't have the production capacity to make an unlimited amount of a certain makeup, or EG apparel, where again, the production model is not set up to churn out 100,000 Bedford blazers every season. I'm all for scarcity but not when it's so transparently artificial. I'm...