or Connect

Posts by Peter1

Bumping for cold weather...
That's true -- France is a deeply conservative country in a lot of ways, at least in public.
Yup. Sandwichs (no "e") are OK provided they're classic jambon/fromage/beurre.Would delete gyros/kebab and coffee from that list, actually. I slug my morning coffee on the metro from a thermos mug and get dirty looks every day.
As a (transplanted) Parisian, I'd say you can recognize the city's style pretty easily: For old guys, it's one or two piece that are totally incongruent, but they're worn with an IDGAF attitude so it works. Like a bright red scarf with a business suit, or a crazy overcoat and green shoes. For middle-aged conservative guys, it's stuff that's really well tailored and completely coordinated. Very sleek. For middle-aged "artistic" types, it's a variation on Mick Jagger circa...
X-post from trading thread. Unusual wool painter pants. http://www.styleforum.net/t/452402/the-possibly-official-engineered-garments-trading-thread/645#post_8276295
I have an unusual pair of EG pants for trade. 100 percent wool drill painter pants in olive from 2009 or 2010, bought at sample sale/ Japan tsunami benefit in New York in 2011. They are half lined to the knee so very comfortable. Excellent for cold days, but I live in Paris now and haven't worn them for 3 years. In perfect condition. Other details: one hammer loop, rear patch pockets are half lined with canvas; canvas cotton waistband lining. Tagged 32, will fit 32-33...
Liking the Loiter jacket and the various Bakers, and fatigue shorts are always a winner. Don't see much crazy stuff except for a few of the adult onesies...
@ericleavitt Looks too big, since you asked. It appears the shoulders are about 3" down your arms. I love that parka but it would have to fit me a little better to keep.
^^That's a pretty good fit. Too often I see riders that are way too tight up top. You must really dislike the zippers.
I'd also suggest Trickers, Heschung and Alfred Sargent Country Collection. In addtion, some Alden makeups lean toward the "work" side of things.