or Connect

Posts by Peter1

Just picked up the jacquard fleece snap cardigan...i was skeptical of both the snaps and the synthetic content, but I'm a believer. Plus it was 30% off at French Trotters for those in the Paris region (not much great EG on sale but SNS Herning is 30-40 pct off.). I'm 5'11" 160 with a 39" chest and the M fits perfectly. I think it will look great with beat up denim and a white T with chunky boots. I did finally try on a Stark, but it's not for me. The wool is frankly...
+1 on the pleated pants. I'm pretty happy with the flat-front trend over the last decade, though I've still got a bunch of good-quality double pleated suit pants from the (ahem) 90s and early 2000s. But...I like cuffs, and they just don't look right with flat-front pants to me. So maybe a single reversed pleat is a happy medium. I do think pleats work best on dark wool, and still a big no on pleated khakis...
I think a medium is going to be too long in the sleeves for you. For comparison, I wear a medium, and I'm 5'11" 160 lbs, 39" chest and 18" shoulders, 32-33 waist. I've tried on larges and the sleeves are too long and there's too much material around the waist area. I do find some GV shirts a smidge tight across the chest -- depending on fabric/year/mood of cutter, there's a fair amount of variation within a size. To my eye it fits like a GV should, but if it's...
I was interested as I grew up in that area. But...not sure what's distinctive about the boot. Looks very much like OSB for maybe a little less money. Guess that's the draw? I think there's an opening for a casual work-style US-made boot that slots in between RW/Wolverine and Viberg. Sweet spot would be $350-550, depending on leathers. Once you get over $500 you're looking at some of the more rugged Alden makeups or Tricker's/Alfred Sargent country boots. The boot I've...
Just adding some data points here...picked up a pair of slim/straight "raw" selvedge denim for 19.90 euros. I sized up 1 in the waist (usually 32x34) cause the top block was a little smaller than I thought it would be and I wasn't sure if they'd stretch. I plan on wearing for a couple of weeks then warm soaking if they seem a little stiff. Fabric is pretty thin -- I usually wear 14-16 oz Japanese denim -- I'd say these are 11-11.5 oz. Construction is spot on from what I...
Re haircuts: Japanese salons are where it's at -- mine has groovy vintage US music and reiki massage. I pay about $40-45 at Hoshi Coupe in Paris (they have branches in NYC, Berlin and the original in Kyoto(. I find the Japanese obsession with detail gets me a great cut, although it literally can take an hour...my wife jokes that they cut each hair individually.
^^That's a really good fit, and there's no reason to worry about the zipper. Would look great with a gray or white luxe T. I have a few things with the zipper on the "wrong" side, including an old Muji baracuta-type jacket and some Italian cycling gear.
I like it -- looks like some of the EG collaborations in recent years. It would look great with some mid-gray heavy tweed trousers.
Please keep pounding home how crappy vibergs are. I'd like to buy a few pairs on the resale market, kthanksbye.
S2w8 has ballistic cloth bags that are pretty sweet.edit: in fact the binocular bag comes in black ballistic (and possibly green) ballistic cloth. I'd go for that if what you want is a casual everyday bag. for something more work related, provided you're white collar, Filson #70230 small field bag is probably your best bet.