or Connect

Posts by Peter1

I might try to sell them here or Sufi.. Too tight jeans are no fun, esp if raw.If they're wearable I don't really see a need to soak,but eventually you'll probably have to wash them..I've had good luck with inside out cold wash on the wool cycle, then hang dry. But I think you're going to see some shrinkage no matter what. Dry cleaning is certainly an option. I'm sure it won't hurt them.Ime if they get really foul smelling a soak won't do it..
^^I know I'm old and out of touch, but I just can't get excited about mass market companies like Vans/Nike rolling out "limited" editions and collaborations. It's not the same as, say, Viberg, where they don't have the production capacity to make an unlimited amount of a certain makeup, or EG apparel, where again, the production model is not set up to churn out 100,000 Bedford blazers every season. I'm all for scarcity but not when it's so transparently artificial. I'm...
Le Laboreur is really, really cheap here in France. I picked up the free-range sheep veste laine for around 80 euros from a workwear shop, link below. The cotton moleskin is 66 euros.However the construction quality isn't great, although the fabric is very, very cool -- it's still got bits of gorse from the wool. Size-wise, go down 2. I got it in size 2 which in theory corresponds to a US small, but it's more like a large. Fine for layering, but I'll probably go down to a...
@basil rathbone If I were single I would live in the eastern part of the right bank. 10,11,18,19 arrondissements. Maybe 9th. Left bank too touristy, as are 1,2,3rd. We live in 17th, which has its cool parts but can be very bourgeois.
Superglue it and forget about it. Srsly.
It could very well be that the size of the waxed flesh order strained their production capacity....or, maybe Vibergs are now junk. In that case, I'll buy anything in siz3 9.5 for 50 cents on the dollar.
@LA Guy -- believe me, those sauces get tiresome after a while. I'm dying for a bottle of Cholula right about now. Are you in Paris? @peelzap Mine are actually really well stitched -- I looked them up and down for defects. The only issue so far is that the commando lugs are magnets for gravel.
Got mine in Paris on Wednesday. Half size down, I.e. Barrie's, is perfect. Wore them for five hours on Friday, no breakin required, including 3hour drive in hoilidays traffic. Then I played soccer with my son. I felt like Tom Dempsey kicking a field goal. These are seriously great boots. The few scuff marks I have are a little furry already.
IMO with raw denim a cold or cool soak with a mild soap like woolite or dr. bronners sal suds will not result in much indigo loss. What I wold do is soak for 45 minutes or so flat in the tub, turning and lightly working the areas where dirt gather (crotch, cuffs) with your hands. Then rinse in cold, hang til mostly dry, wear until fully dry, then hang (NOT fold) in an aerated place. I'm pretty sure you'll be OK.I've noticed there's a huge difference between a soak to get...
I think this is the only Sanders thread...correct me if I"m wrong. I'm looking at the two Sanders jodhpur models. The Newmarket is 155 pounds at Brogue Shoes, whereas the Newbury is 199 pounds. The Newmarket is advertised as being part of Sanders's Uniform range, while the Newbury is in the Country range. Hard to tell from the descriptions, but I think the main differences are that the Newbury is fully leather lined, and perhaps uses a better grade of leather. I may have...