or Connect

Posts by Peter1

actually the wax will break down from things like flexing around the ankle. Also jeans will rub off the wax (onto your jeans...). I have about 75 wears of mine and they look about half that worn in. But if I actually wore them to do manual labor besides jockeying a desk they'd probably look like that in about a month. The wax comes off pretty easily via friction etc. The SF waxed flesh service boots on the 2045 are really, really nice -- once they broke in. I don't know...
^^I don't necessarily love the Bedford in that fit -- looks a tiny bit floppy in shoulders and sleeves. Have you tried it with a slightly structured CM blazer, maybe in a Harris tweed? Might bridge the CM/SWD divide quite nicely
@cellardoorsWell, it only took 5 minutes to file.And your (achievable, rational) solution is?I'm happy to spend a few hours of my time to try to either recover my $900 or punish a crime. If you're not, then you're either a sucker or that much money doesn't mean a thing to you.And if you don't have skin in this game or want to offer constructive advice, then you know what to do...
Actually the 1 percenter was reference to motorcycle clubs/gangs. http://www.dallasnews.com/news/state/headlines/20150518-motorcycle-gangs-like-those-in-waco-are-1-percenters.eceNothing to do with style/fashion/or Styleforum.
Um...that was a disproportionate reaction. If you come onto this forum, (or, really any forum) and aggressively promote a new product, you'll be accused of shilling for the company.Regardless, another possible entry into filling the ToJ void. $800 for US made SOUNDS good on paper, and I agree that pebbled finish gets you away from the 1 percenter vibe.
The discoloration is from a combination of sweat, skin oil and hair product. That's the danger with brown/tan leather jackets (I'm assuming that's what you have). I don't think there's a sure-fire fix, but I would try repeated applications of some kind of foaming leather cleaner like Lexol. Perhaps you can eventually draw out the dirt/oil. Worst case, you have to recondition the collar.
In what way? There's only one person at fault here.
Bumping this.I'd add that you might want to customize your petition form with amount you paid and date paid.
^^I think the most important thing with fit is where the ball of your foot falls. If it falls naturally just after the vamp, then you probably have the right size. Everyone's toes are a different length. I also tend to wear thick socks and insoles, so I tend to err toward the larger size. Shoes that are too tight are unwearable, whereas those that are a tad loose can be adjusted with inserts/socks/heel and tongue pads. The other thing that I've noticed, as have others, is...
Sorry, didn't mean to imply that French was the "lingua franca" of most of the ME, but it works quite well in Lebanon, Syria and Jordan, not to mention the North African countries except Egypt. However, that is changing and the younger generations are trying to learn English.It's interesting to see which languages "work" outside of their origins. I've noticed that there are still a few old Poles who speak German -- especially in the far south.