or Connect

Posts by Peter1

That makes sense -- like a lot of boots it's hard to tell where they're actually made. For instance I believe Wolverine or Red Wing or Chippeway makes boots for Allen Edmonds.Nick's certainly has a great quality reputation, but the wait times have made me wary, after being burned by ToJ. The price is very nice...sorry for derail.
It sure does, definitely has that blobby profile from above. VB definitely has drawn some imitators lately, with Truman, these and a few other models/collabs from established makers like Wesco that have a distinct Viberg Vibe, as it were. As they move away from stitchdown construction I think there's a definite niche to fill.The tonal stitching is a nice touch.
http://newenglandouterwear.com/shoes/pershing-boot-natural-chromexcel-rough-out Very nice. Undercuts VB on price by a fair amount, though it looks MAYBE a touch less sturdy.
I don't think they make a ton of money, but it has a weird corporate sheen that EG, in general, does not. Vans is owned by VF which owns SF favorites like Rock & Republic and 7 for All Mankind. http://www.vfc.com/brands/outdoor-action-sports/vansPlus, the sneakerhead hype...I could be wrong but are they US-made, at least?
I feel like the Vans collab is the one thing that EG does purely for profit. Or maybe I just don't get the sneakerhead ethos.
Blah. I ordered that exact jacket from ToJ -- guess seeing your photos is the closest I'll get to seeing it...good luck with sale.
Just adding a data point to the discussion: Petit Standard can be a tiny bit looser fit than the Petit New Standard -- even though in certain sizes the measurements are exactly the same. That sounds kind of odd but I think the extreme taper on the PNS changes how they wear. I tried on a range of sizes in both fits. I wear a 32 or 33 in pants and went with a 32 in PS, the nonstretch fabric. The 33 PNS was way too big in the waist; the 32 was too tight in the thighs and...
That would be more than I'm expecting I'll ever get from Drew Keith.I'm holding out for your moto. Must have back gussets.
re 10-eyelet 2030: 10 eyelets is a lot of ... eyelets. If you only put the boots on once a day, then sure, but for me, I'd have to undo the top 3-4 eyelets to get them on and off. There's a reason many boots have speedhooks after 4-5 eyelets. Just my .02.
Bumping for cold weather...