or Connect

Posts by Christopher Essex

FIELD TRIP!!!Also, a Mr. Fields trip?
I'm not familiar with many brick and mortar retailers that offer MTM services other than the two you've mentioned, but I know Dunn's (where I've had several commissions filled) have quite a wide range of options, from Cohen at the low end to Jack Victor and Coppley in the middle and finally with Samuelsohn on the top end.So, I think their offerings fit any budget within reason. The Cohen price points will be competitive with your Indochino and MyTailor online efforts, but...
+1 Not even close.
Hello - you may want to check out this thread - it's very comprehensive on the subject:http://www.styleforum.net/t/309344/definitive-books-on-menswear-thread
Poorz because of all the excellent clothes and shoes you've been buying the past year or so, yes?
Great suggestions, gentlemen, I myself only wear a coat and tie on Fridays (reverse casual Friday) and generally prefer to wear sport coats to suits because of that. I'm in the process of building up my wardrobe so that I could wear jacket/suit and tie every day and not feel like I was wearing the same thing each day (and no comments necessary from you, patrickBooth ), so would like as much variety as possible, without having a bunch of jackets that are too similar.
Here's a general question for the masses (and one for Rudals to consider, perhaps): If one wears a brown tie, does one then wear brown shoes, as a rule? I, for one, do. If I'm wearing black shoes (which is rare), I don't wear a brown tie. I don't think there's probably anything wrong with it, but I just can't seem to do it. I'm making the assumption that Rudals, working in DC, wears primarily black shoes, as the masses do there.
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuudals
I'll definitely be adding one of those on my next order - my shoe wish list seems to have more and more suede on it, and I just got a pair of suede chukkas from our friendly affiliate Kent Wang over Christmas, so I'll need one soon!
Please to give us some details on that lovely sweater, Mr. Toasty!