or Connect

Posts by Christopher Essex

I think that most clothing/footwear imports are taxed at 17 or 18% and then there's 12% sales tax on top of that.If delivered by a courier like FedEx or DHL, they usually charge a $10 administration/brokerage fee on top of that.Stuff from the US delivered through USPS usually makes it through without any charges, but not all the time.
Gentlemen, After following this thread with interest for several years (and ordering some swatches a few years ago), I have finally dipped my toes in the Sam Hober pool, some might say 'with gusto'. From L to R: Dark Red Grenadine Fina (GFT-2) Sky Blue on Rust Wool #5 (GPWT-5) Navy Grenadine Fina (GFT-10) UPenn Silk (ECO-7) Navy Blue Solid Challis (CHSOT-5) Bitter Chocolate Grenadine (GFT-6) Dark Red & Off White Stripes on Dark Navy Wool (GSWT-4) Being from Canada, I...
I suspect that's the case - black shoes are much more common than brown in the general non-SF world, so anything brown would likely be seen as clashing with the black leather.Also, many people will stay with as conservative colours as they can, because anything else requires more imagination and most people are too lazy to take the time (which is why we see so many people wearing black clothing all the time).
You don't like the particular medallion on the Edgewear or you don't like any shoes with medallions?
I have the Lowndes and wear them often, but they feel too casual to wear with suits in my opinion (mine are brown).I wear them exclusively with odd trousers - grey flannels, linen, etc.I would get the cap-toe oxfords first as you'll get much more use out of them and the Lowndes later, if you find you'll be wearing odd trousers outside of work hours.I think even brown oxfords will be worn less by you than black ones - it seems you're currently more comfortable with...
I agree...and this from the man (Stitches) that said once that he only wore white shirts and never wore pocket squares.I predict more evolution from our friend IS.
You certainly have evolved, sir.Next I expect you to post pictures of new shirt acquisitions in pink and lavender (or did I miss that?).
Kirby (@kirbya from The Hanger Project) posted this story on his Tumblr - I thought it was a great story and appropriate for this thread: http://hangerproject.tumblr.com/post/79370405832/i-am-overdressed
I just received a $28 FedEx bill for 5 shirts. The declared value on the waybill was U$50. I wonder how much it would have been if the actual value was stated. I've noticed the charge has happened on all but my first order (1 shirt). I have a pending order for 5 pairs of trousers...I suspect my bill will probably be $40 or $50. Of course, I'm almost always billed upwards of 30% or more for footwear from England, so I generally expect some kind of charges. I also think...
I'm not a fan of most magazines on the iPad (or other tablets). And I use my iPad a lot - I read novels to and from work every day, as well as surf SF and other sites while watching TV etc. I just think the visual element of magazines is best displayed on paper, as well as the size of the iPad is a bit small for optimum viewing, in my opinion.Plus, I think one of the attractive features of The Rake is that it's almost like a coffee-table book - a collectible. At least it...