or Connect

Posts by reidrothchild

SuitSupply head and shoulders above the other two mentioned in your first paragraph. I'd put them above BB as well. Paul Stuart is on another level, both quality- and price-wise.
So you paid $10 for the waist to be let out, the legs to be slimmed, AND for the tailor to somehow lengthen the crotch by 2 inches (something I wasn't even aware is possible)? I presume you're located in a third world country?
Really like these as well. At $488, I would guess these are from their Spanish manufacturer. Pretty sure they use whatever Spanish maker Howard Yount uses for most of their sub-$500 dress shoes. I think they may have some Italian in there, but mostly made in Spain as I recall. So I would assume Bologna stitch construction.
I would say they are pretty different in terms of penny loafers. I have both. I found the Singleton to be a bit more elongated than the Randolph. It has a sleeker appearance, but I get more heel slip in the Singleton than the Randdolph. There's also the difference in design features. Full strap vs. partial; tubing on the back of the Singleton; slightly longer vamp on the Singleton. If the Singleton fits you, I think it is the preferable shoe in terms of quality and...
Good call on the olive tassels. Not so sure about the grey suede, though. Post some pics of both if you get a chance. I've actually considered MTOing snuff suede Grayson or Kenilworth. At one point, the shoe bank had the snuff suede Grayson that AE did for Land's End in my size, but the price never dropped below $259. Kept waiting for it to be part of one of the sales...and then one day it was gone. Wish I'd have snagged it at $259 now.
Agreed. You can't wear a black captoe casually, but the suede insert kinda kills it as a business-y suit shoe. The only conceivable use I could possibly think of would be with a dinner jacket or tuxedo, but I would think anyone who owns formal wear already has a black captoe. Are people who already own the PA or FA really going to buy the same model, just with suede, for the one or two times per year they attend a black tie function? If I want something a little...
You know, I read on AE's website that the Mojave last was supposed to be more generous than their previous boots. I've never tried on the Amoks, but the Malverns were way too tight in the toes in my normal 11.5D, so I went ahead and ordered the 12D in the Mojave. I compared them to my 12D Malvern, and I really can't tell a difference visually in width at the toe or in the way they feel.
Yep, pretty much the same shoe except for the sole. Maybe a different last. I never could bring myself to pull the trigger on the Amok due to the leather sole.
After Four years of very hard wear, my Bass suede chukkas gave up the ghost. Soles started coming unglued and a hole big enough to fit my thumb through developed in the rubber outsole. For the $60 I paid, thought I got decent use out of them and planned to buy another pair. Then I noticed the Mojaves on sale for $97. Arrived today. Can't believe I got these for only $37 more than the Bass glue jobs. I hate to say I'm ever disappointed my higher than expected quality,...