or Connect

Posts by reidrothchild

I had to return the suede Strand because it was waaay narrower than the 5th Ave or the Kenilworth. The difference in fit was so significant, it is meaningless to even say the shoe is on the 5 last because that provides no meaningful point of reference.
SuitSupply
[[SPOILER]]
For what it's worth, based on my limited experience, I'd say they wear differently. My only experience is shell Leeds versus calf Malvern. Shell Leeds in my normal 11.5D was way too big, had to return. Calf Malvern was too tight in the toe box, had to size up to 12D. I believe I read in this thread that this is a common experience: for some odd reason, the 1 last boots fit smaller than the shoes.
SuitSupply head and shoulders above the other two mentioned in your first paragraph. I'd put them above BB as well. Paul Stuart is on another level, both quality- and price-wise.
So you paid $10 for the waist to be let out, the legs to be slimmed, AND for the tailor to somehow lengthen the crotch by 2 inches (something I wasn't even aware is possible)? I presume you're located in a third world country?
Really like these as well. At $488, I would guess these are from their Spanish manufacturer. Pretty sure they use whatever Spanish maker Howard Yount uses for most of their sub-$500 dress shoes. I think they may have some Italian in there, but mostly made in Spain as I recall. So I would assume Bologna stitch construction.
I would say they are pretty different in terms of penny loafers. I have both. I found the Singleton to be a bit more elongated than the Randolph. It has a sleeker appearance, but I get more heel slip in the Singleton than the Randdolph. There's also the difference in design features. Full strap vs. partial; tubing on the back of the Singleton; slightly longer vamp on the Singleton. If the Singleton fits you, I think it is the preferable shoe in terms of quality and...
Good call on the olive tassels. Not so sure about the grey suede, though. Post some pics of both if you get a chance. I've actually considered MTOing snuff suede Grayson or Kenilworth. At one point, the shoe bank had the snuff suede Grayson that AE did for Land's End in my size, but the price never dropped below $259. Kept waiting for it to be part of one of the sales...and then one day it was gone. Wish I'd have snagged it at $259 now.