or Connect

Posts by reidrothchild

Not trying to troll here, as I'm assuming the Everyday Blazer is your thing, but there are plenty of cheap, unstructured blazers out there. Target, JCP, and many other stores stock them at lower price points than this.
It isn't necessarily old stock, though that would probably be preferable. I still see Hickey clothing popping up at discount stores, so I assume it's still being produced, albeit in China presumably to much lower specs than when it was first intro'd. The Hickey stuff I've seen is garbage. That being said, if it fits, and you're happy with what you paid for it, wear it happily.
What's the padding on the shoulders of the sport coats like?
I asked about a return, and the seller has been pretty cool about it. It was a $26 purchase, and he offered a $10 refund or $15 credit. It's not the $16 loss that hurts so much as getting my hopes up for a good deal, only to be undone by my failure to get measurements. And yeah, I'm thinking I'll be avoiding used shirts in the future.
I have only one H. Freeman sport coat (MTM) and have one Hickey Freeman suit, but have handled plenty of Hickey Freeman suits and SCs. Based on my limited experience, I would put Hickey Freeman well above H. Freeman.
Friendly reminder to anyone purchasing used goods off of B&S to always ask for detailed measurements, no matter how low the price is compared to retail. Got (what I thought was) a great deal on a shirt that was tagged as 16/34, but it arrived and--through either tailoring or intentional shrinkage--is more like a 16/32 and completely un-wearable.
Always love the first time posters swooping in to respond to an inquiry about a shady brand.
Yeah, AE Kenilworths are another good option. I believe the AE shoebank has had them on sale in a variety of colors for $157 for a while now.
I think of Rancourt as more of a mocassin/loafer maker. Didn't even know they made oxfords. Are you sure you want an oxford? Oxfords are more formal. I typically only wear them with suits. Given that you're looking for something to wear with chinos/jeans, I think you'd be better served by a pair of derbies/bluchers. I just got these from Rider Boot: They also come in dark brown leather and dark brown suede. I think they'd fit more with how you're planning to...