or Connect

Posts by scourage

saw you posted a picture of a bracelet @4 months. looks great. don't really like the natural color new but loves how it changes. will probably order one. . . and a belt ... and a wallet. does the stitching on the belt/bracelet change color over time? curious how that will look alongside the aged leather. Also I want a very slim wallet, yet I also want it to hold at least 3 cards and have a spot for cash. I'm thinking that would be a billfold with 2 card slots on each...
wool is the original hiking material. warm, hardy and good in the elements. I have a button up pendleton with a slim fit in a nice plaid i wear hiking that is functional and stylish. That with a form fitting poly/wool/whatever underlayer is probably all you will need hiking unless its below 45/50. throw on a vest wool hat and light gloves if its colder. bring a hardy sweater and decent looking rain coat for when its colder/wet and your good for anything other than winter.
Jet- Don't think they are a sponsor. I got a pm from the founder of oak street under username oakstreetbookmakers. He only had 10 posts. So I think he is aware of this thread, but not trying to openly avertise here, which seems fair to me. Anyway George from oak street was nice and helpful.
I got a pm from oak street saying they do in fact do widths. so correction. I don't see it in their sizing options on the web site though so maybe you need to ask.
thanks for the reply! i'll prob be ordering at least something soon. is this about what we can expect your bracelet and other natural leather to look like over time? cause this looks awesome http://3sixteen.com/_blog/2009/05/12/well-aged/
if you'r interested see if she wants to go out wednesday. cause, why not?
I have a few pairs of D1's and it sounds like we have the exact same situation. I found the only spot they are really slim on me is the seat and thighs. 34 is a bit tight there, so I have 36 (most pants of mine are 33) and the fit is good in the seat and a bit big in the waist and I use a belt them and call that that. really they are straight legs, but I can't do slim fit for work. I teach little kids so really should not show off too much. I also sit on the floor a lot...
I have a question about leather color and its evolution. It seems like the appeal of natural leather is how it changes color and darkens. What does this mean in regards to colored leathers. Will they stay as they are or will they evolve as well? It would be interesting to see how some of these browns/mahogany/etc colors change over time if in fact they do. Also can you put somewhere here or on the website or flickr an overview of the color options. I have seen many, but...
great purchase from thinksimple . fast arrival and responsive to questions.
looks like quoddy's are available in widths and in 12.5. so i can get a 12.5 E. haven't tried either but looks like I don't really get to chose any suggestions for other quality boat shoes available in wide