or Connect

Posts by Jimbosaurus

I'm 6'3" and 100kg. At one point in my life I was the same height and 63kg. I'd like to be halfway between those 2 points. No idea what jacket size that would leave me with.
Quote: Originally Posted by jaypee Why September? just do it now? Make a purchase and use it as inspiration to get to your ideal weight, then wear the ^$%$ out of it and soak up the compliments. Extremely tempting but I honestly have no idea what size my 'ideal weight' is.
Don't suppose one of these sales ever happens around September does it? I'll hopefully have my fitness on track by then and I can start buying clothes again.
At the top of collins st store they had the blue in a 40 and 42 for $599. There was also a blue windowpane in one of those 2 sizes for $399. The blue blazer for $199 was extremely tempting also.
For Reference : http://www.herringbone.com/edm/110524/index.html
Just popped into Ken Barrell to check out the pants. Wool and cotton sweaters are an absolute mess, but divided by size. Cashmere stuff and all trousers are still in some form of order. I didn't check out prices for the cashmere but the trousers are all $49. I picked up some beautiful purple cotton trousers that are unhemmed and they only came with the slightest amount of sass from the shopkeeper. The material has a really nice weight to it that should be great to have...
Where do Carmina fall in the quality/price ranges? Similar to C&J?
Oh wow, I didn't quite realise how cheap the Herringbone warehouse sales were. Are the suits of the same quality that they sell in stores, just previous season stuff? If you can really get them for $599 then that just about answers my question about more affordable suit options.
So a question I have that has been touched on a few times but never handled too thoroughly is what is the best budget suit option? When talking about clothes with my friends the only thing that really interests them as young professionals is suits, however they practically run the other direction at a suggestion of $800 for a herringbone suit on sale, let alone a P.Johnson at over $1200. They then ask me for a "reasonably" priced option and I honestly have no suggestion...
Just after moving to Melbourne I was wearing an old pair of thongs around the city and got stuck in a shower. I was walking down an alley that had a slight incline and due to the completely gripless nature of the thongs I was forced to take them off and walk down bare foot. Due to the thongs it was not my finest sartorial moment by far, but I certainly didn't think I'd end up looking quite as foolish as I did.