or Connect

Posts by afc345

FWIW I'm probably getting the soles on my pair resoled on the cost of the store so I'm very happy with that. On the other hand, had I not gone to the step of contacting the store about the problems I've had with the boots in wintery conditions I would have been left with a pair of boots that is useless in snow. By that conclusion, a pair of boots bought in the a/w season that I cannot use for most of the season. I'm not using them for hiking, mountaneering etc. either,...
LOL EILISIX WTF
I was looking for a day to day winter boot that would at the same time look good and at least perform adequately in snow, WIth the sole that is currently on the boots, only the looks requirement is fulfilled. I have hiking boots for hiking, but they are too clunky to wear every day with jeans etc. So I guess the only utility I was looking for was to be able to walk in snowy conditions, and at the same time keep me adequately warm, which I don't think the shoes are making...
I BOUGHT MY TOJ WIT MONEY
Weekday is riddled with crap anyway. The store smells funny and every piece of clothing there somehow has a crusty feel. Only the Cheap Monday jeans are bare ok.
Do you really think every customer that comes into the store in search for a winter boot has researched every single boot in the store down to such details as type of sole, what conditions the sole excels in and soforth. Probably does happen with sf customer types, but not regular customers.
I've contacted the store where I've got them about a refund. Don't know if I'll get one since I've worn them a bit up until now, though.. Although, as they don't really fulfill their intent, which is a winter boot that should in theory handle winter conditions, I might refer to Norwegian law for customers (kjøpsloven) and see if I can get anywhere with that. Didn't hear a word about the shoes being lethal when I got them either.Have to say the boots are quality in...
I'm thinking of taking them back to the store. The shoes are a fucking health hazard.
Bumping this one. Wish I read this thread before I bought my pair, jesus christ is it even possible to make a sole that performs this bad on snow and ice. My intention with buying these was to relieve my leather soled shoes in snowy conditions and I might just wear the leather soled ones instead now.
wish there was a neg rep button