or Connect

Posts by austinite

Pharmacy salaries can start in the $120k area. I feel like the work would be immensely depressing, but I can't imagine that there is a better route to a high starting salary. Consider that we are talking about a 40 hr/week job that can be obtained with 6 total years of school and much less debt than Law School. I think the only way to beat that (with a job that has reasonable working hours) is throwing down a 4.0 in an undergrad engineering program, but that is...
I'm about to finish my first year at a very small startup that is still in the R&D phase. I get $25/hr with 150% paid overtime. Also get $2500 per year for health insurance which goes to my pocket because I'm still eligible to be on the parent's plan, and small regular bonuses for hitting milestones (total 2-4k per year.) No paid time off other than 4-5 holidays per year. My workload is 40-45 hours on regular weeks up to 60 on a week where my work is bottlenecking...
The 1974 Great Gatsby movie has some nice clothes
There are non-introverted entry level EE positions. Look into Applications Engineering or Technical Sales. Do MBA after a couple years of that?
Realize that each of these final interviews are likely 4-8 people for a single position. The reality is that getting a job out of college right now is HARD. Don't get down on yourself. The fact that you have had so many interviews means you are doing something right. Just keep working hard. You will eventually have an interview that you completely nail. You will know it, and you will get the job.
Quote: Originally Posted by Byrd are the CEOs of mitsuibishi, toyota, hyundai, Canon, Sony, Honda white people?? All I know is that they aren't Asian American.
I suspect that the quality of the school would have little impact on your current plans, but are you sure you know what you want to do? As a compromise can you get a masters in management now, and save the MBA for later? Do people do this?
Quote: Originally Posted by bdbb It's not that big of a deal. Even a piece of shit Civic losermobile decently equipped is going to come out to about $20k. The extra $5k-$10k spent on getting something nice isn't a bad value. He was probably dumb to get a new car though, and instead should have bought the same thing with 20-30k miles for $20k. I like this term. He actually said that the 25k was after the down payment. So he probably got...
Quote: Originally Posted by GreenFrog sorry to post an unrelated topic, but what were your career paths like before you became lawyers? i'm about to graduate as an econ and psych double major and im mainly looking at consulting gigs. unfortunately i don't have anything lined up yet, despite several final round interviews. this is just a thought i literally came up with, and quite fascinating because i never really thought about law, but somehow it's...
What were you offered at HP? Sounds like your Dad is pretty high up. You should take the hookup IMO. I was in a somewhat similar situation. Engineering grad with average GPA from not being motivated at age 18. I wasn't unemployed for a full year but it did take me about 5 months of hitting the career boards hard before I found a good job. At the time of the search, I personally felt guilty/embarrassed about pushing the connections too hard, but that was really...