or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:

Posts by austinite

Not very good timing for this plan.
Quote: Originally Posted by scientific get a mac. if your school requires windows, don't go. Do you have a real job? I'm actually a Linux desktop user at home, so by no means am I a Windows lover, but I can't see how you can do normal business with anything else. I still don't understand why anyone would pay the ridiculous price that Apple PCs sell for. Windows isn't the best, but you get guaranteed comparability. Linux may or may...
+1 to the Dell Business Class recombination. I've never been impressed with Dell in the past, but my office recently grabbed one of the business class notebooks and I am quite happy with it. There is clearly a major quality difference between the consumer grade and business grade. My other positive notebook experiences were with Thinkpads.
I have some friends that work for one of the MBB and they spend the weekends doing coke together. I can't say if this is normal lol.
Quote: Originally Posted by Amelorn The average person (circa 100 IQ) is part of an ignorant demographic conglomerate. They're comparing their "baller" 3 figure sneakers against the cheapest, black, square toed shoes from Payless ShoeSource. Not fair. Once you start buying leather upper and leather soled shoes, (circa $85 and up), shoes suddenly start becoming much more comfortable. I'm not sure what you are even talking about. Someone...
Quote: Originally Posted by KitAkira This is bullshit, buy better shoes So presumably you are comparing $400 dress shoes to $55 running shoes? I have a few pairs of Allen Edmonds. They may not be the absolute nicest shoes around, and perhaps you have better ones, but I generally like my shoes. I'd still easily prefer my New Balance running shoes if the only thing that matters is comfort. I think if your argument is "my shoes aren't...
Quote: Originally Posted by GreenFrog Just accepted a consulting gig and they said I'd have to do a drug test within three days of signing the offer. I haven't done any drugs in the past months but I have been around people who have smoked weed. Would this be detected in my system? I also have a prescription for anxiety medication (propranolol, ativan); would that come up? What exactly are they testing for in a urine sample? If you are...
Quote: Originally Posted by rocks That's what I thought too, it looks like the weather in Houston is no worse than that of Miami/Ft. Lauderdale hence it should suffice.... People from California and Hawaii can shit on everyone else's weather for sure. However, I'd take Texas weather over Midwest and Northeast weather without thinking twice. Florida has milder winters than Texas, but like you said, it isn't a huge difference.
Quote: Originally Posted by HRoi Remember also that If you live/work in Miami or any of the Texas cities, you'll have a nice take home pay bump because of the 0% state income tax rate. Although Miami has a small advantage in not being a hellhole like Texas Texas is a big state. To fit the pattern of the other 47 continental states geographically it would need to be divided into 4-5 states. There are certainly plenty of locations in...
Quote: Originally Posted by 13k If you're in the U.S. (not sure if APC sale goes to Canada) you can take advantage of APC sale: NS "Steel Blue" http://uscheckout.apc.fr/browse.cfm/4,1275.html PS "Blue Grey" http://uscheckout.apc.fr/browse.cfm/4,1288.html Just bought a pair of the steel blue. I've had good experience with APC and at $105 it seemed like good value for the price. Thanks for the link.
New Posts  All Forums: