or Connect

Posts by MattBernier

The pictures in this reddit gallery are the only ones I've seen that look like what I saw in person. They look so chunky and awkward and un-footlike in the Rancourt photos, but in person they're form fitting, with a slightly upswept and playfully full rounded toe that avoids being bulbous, a nicely pronounced heel counter, and the pull loop seems more proportional. Just imagine a cleaner, right angle heel on these: (link to the original gallery:...
Awhile back I visited the Rancourt store, and tried on these boots: which really underwhelm me in photos, but looked and felt AMAZING on my feet. So, I'm selling these to get them: http://www.styleforum.net/t/505415/alden-x-winn-perry-workman-oxford-indy-shoe-6-5-c-e-brown-horween-chromexcel If anyone else is my weird ass size, wants a pair of very rare Aldens, and wants to help make my Boot Dreams come true, you know what to do. And @fairlynerdy, those Kudu shoes...
This pair of Winn Perry Alden Workman's Oxfords (A short version of the Indy boot) has been well cared for in their years of wear. They've been resoled by Alden once. They're made of Horween Chromexcel leather with leather lining. The size is 6.5 C/E, meaning the heel is nice and snug, but the toe box and ball are wide and roomy. The Trubalance last runs a half size small; I'm normally a 7 on a Brannock, but in these I'm a 6.5. The shoes will ship with Alden Shoe Trees...
They do! If you'll have the time, you should do the full Rancourt tour of their factory store and @Portland Dry Goods! Oh, and by God take the factory tour, their leather selection alone is a thing to behold.
Oh, I should add, the blake boot was a bit tight on my pinky toe, and they told me they could stretch that out a bit for me, as different widths aren't an option. I hadn't seen this service mentioned, so I thought I should say.
Hi everyone, long time no post! I popped into the new Rancourt store yesterday while in Lewiston. It's beautiful, the staff very friendly and helpful, and I learned some things in person that totally changed what I want in my next purchase. When you walk in, it seems dark and closed for a second, and then the motion detector kicks the lights on and a bell rings, followed shortly by someone to help you. The shoes on display are all from their ready made collection, and...
Bee-yooteeful.
Holy Moses those look incredible. May we see them on?
@David Midecem, all of Rancourt's shoes are Blake stitched. The welts on the outside edge are purely ornamental. There are advantages and disadvantages to this method, but if watertight is what you're angling for, it's not your best option.
Still loving my tall loden CXL boots from @Portland Dry Goods. Interestingly, I have not needed insoles anymore as they've aged. Still not as snug as I'd like, but less foot shifting. Photo by girlfriend Emily Felger.