or Connect

Posts by mafoofan

Yeah, definitely not wide enough.Also, would pick a different color.
Loved that particular Tank. Would recommend it any day. Very under the radar and underappreciated.Just wanted something else even more, that's all.Eh. Not sure I can get behind the notion of a business casual or cocktail attire watch.Yeah, but those serve a purpose.
Yes. Patek calls it "fluting" in their literature.
Extremely clever and elegant perpetual calendar display.
Boom.
Then we should add Frederique Constant, Tissot, and Movado for good measure.
The 5227 mentioned above. Someone please tell me a good reason for the flutes.
. . . why is Baume & Mercier in the thread title?
Well, I think the Lang 1's peers include dressy time-only watches from Patek, Vacheron, Audemars, etc. Even if they lack the big date or power reserve indicator, they still serve the same general purpose: a simple dressy watch in precious metal. It could very well be that the Lange 1's additional features require a thicker movement, but that just means the design trade-off may not have been worth it.Of course this points to a bigger issue: the proliferation of "dressy"...
Exactly. The style and design suggest an elegant, dressy watch. But the bulk of the case is just a tad too much--particularly when compared to its peers.Don't get me wrong, if I were absolutely in love with the watch on all other counts, this wouldn't be an issue.