or Connect

Posts by mafoofan

Whoah, whoah, whoah. I never said I'd break it off with a girl because she has different taste in design/furniture. I said that taste in such things often correlates with other values and preferences that may truly matter. Put another way, a woman who loves "homey," "comfy" "contemporary traditional" interiors, and who insists on hiring a desecrator to execute said abomination to get it "right," is unlikely to get along with me for a whole host of other reasons. For...
Oh come on. Should I have added a trigger warning?Two Matts cannot exist in the same place at the same time. Or, a house with two Matts divided against itself cannot stand. Or, I think about wood, therefore Iamnotmatt.
I don't trust them anymore either.
That is not at all what I said or implied.My point was simply that aesthetic tastes are often influenced by other things that truly do matter to a relationship.
I bet there is a not meaningless correlation between political leftism and preference for postmodern furniture.
It's scary that I believe one's cultural, ideological, intellectual proclivities matter in a romantic relationship?If your aesthetic taste has nothing to do with how you see the world (or want to see it), I wonder how developed your aesthetic taste can possibly be.
It is not necessarily just about "appearances." A lot of more important character traits and values feed into aesthetic taste. Culture, lifestyle preferences, intellectual interests, ideologies, etc.
Design-milk Dezeen Mocolo
Looks like a Bertoia chair and Eames fiberglass chair got busy.