or Connect

Posts by mafoofan

Bu then you have an ugly mirror at a weird height on the wall.
Not far from the truth. The point was to make a cheap, simple-to-produce stool that could serve many different functions.
Typical Bauhaus: Ulm stool by Max Bill, designed for and used by the Ulm school, Bauhaus school successor (currently produced by Zanotta)
Not an expert, but workmanship looks impressive.Why a floating credenza, though? Standing seems like it would be more useful/adaptable.Also, what options would there be if one wanted to hide the joints? Would it necessarily mean weaker/worse construction?
Mies's is really only one branch of Bauhaus thinking and may even be considered anomalous. While he was interested in developing a new, overarching aesthetic that celebrated the modern age (glass, steel, minimal visible structure, etc.), someone like Gropius would have rejected the idea of a universal aesthetic and advocated rational and efficient solutions best suited to each situation's individual circumstances. Alvar Aalto's stools and other designs are squarely Bauhaus...
The ubiquity of the design is one of its virtues. Sometimes you just want your stool to look like a stool. Not everything needs to be "luxury."
The low-back is $5,700 retail, COM. Fabric upholstered versions are ~$6-7,000. Leather options are ~$7-8,500.
Have no idea what your place looks like. Below are some ideas that I think work well in many different contexts. For side tables, I tend to like stools that can function as both. We're currently using the Jasper Morrison cork stool with our lounge chair--it is fantastically adaptive and looks great. Jasper Morrison cork stool (Vitra) Jasper Morrison Pon side table (Fredericia) Alvar Aalto stool (Artek) Eames wire base table (Herman Miller) Jean Louis Iratzoki...
What color?
I can't believe I'm going to ask this . . . can you re-post pictures of them? Promise won't make fun. But cannot recommend side table without seeing.