or Connect

Posts by mafoofan

CC?
Seems that it pays to invest in a good compressor. The pros all seem to use them both on the stage and in the studio. So, while they can certainly help an amateur sound better than his talent and experience level, they do appear to benefit all players to some degree.
Checkout the below:http://www.ovnilab.comThe guy only reviews compressors. And he reviews all of them. Kind of creepy. But an awesome resource. The Diamond ranks highly. Interestingly, he comes down really hard on a lot of popular pedals, like the Keeley compressors. I think it comes down to distinguishing between serious compression and compression-as-an-effect.
Depends on how good your pedal is and how you operate it, from my understanding.The tone I'm getting is more dynamic in that lower volume notes, say in a strumming pattern, are now able to rise to the top. So, what used to sound more like a muffled mess, now sounds more like purposeful strumming.The actual dynamic range is of course smaller (compressed, after all) but it is also a more useful range, so practical dynamics are far improved. Nuances can be heard that weren't...
Wow. Played with a compressor for the first time last night. Hard to explain the very profound improvement. Somehow it makes my tone more dynamic, full, balanced, and articulate, all at the same time. This thing is never getting turned off. Makes me wonder why compressors are so underrepresented on bedroom and hobbyist pedalboards. Pros use them on stage and go through rack units in the studio. Yet, it's those of us lacking skill who stand to benefit the most from good...
Nothing, except that if there are going to be another person's bodily fluids stained into my guitar, I prefer them not to be the yellow sort.
Yes, because they are nitro lacquered. That said, they also came tinted from the factory, so it's hard to say how much of the current amber color is due to the tint versus age.
Fun fact: most pre-CBS Olympic White strats were painted without a clearcoat (no nitro, no poly), and hence will never yellow from exposure to sunlight. Only later versions with nitro coating will yellow with age. So, you will generally not find a pre-CBS white strat with an all-over yellowed color. If they are yellow in places it's because they got dirty with something yellow (so, uhh, no thanks).
It's the Ploum sofa by the Bouroullec brothers, made by Ligne Roset.
Maybe after they fix the issue. Anyway, at this point, it may just be one bad salesperson to blame.