or Connect

Posts by mafoofan

I have a Bergeon loupe that I've never used. Afraid.
I'm a lesbian too--again, depending on the angle.
Ha, I'll cut you a deal. The Styleforum Courtesy Discount.My opinion is that if you want a discreet, "normal" looking watch, Panerai makes no sense in the first place. It is a big honking watch, and designed to be that way from the beginning. Trying to tame and compromise it ruins the concept for me.Easier to attain just one 587 (though, not easy). Plus, I know the watch market, not the one for sneakers.
How many of those would I have to buy for a $5,000-10,000 return?
These jackets are really, really beautiful and definitely appear to share DNA with my own. What I love about them is the subtlety versus the cartoonishness that most Neapolitan makers (bespoke and RTW) are putting out these days.
Stitch, both those watches (44 and 42mm) are significantly smaller than the 1950 Luminor or 1940 Radiomir cases (both 47mm). I have not seen a wrist on which the 47mm cases don't look big. They replicate the dimensions of the original watches (and hence, in my book, are the only Panerai watches to collect in the long term), which were worn over wet suits. If you have a wrist on which such a watch doesn't look noticeably big, you have monstrously huge wrists.Take a look at...
Panerai watches with "Marina Militare" dials have always been rare, and this one is a near perfect replication of one of the few original Panerai archetypes. I think it will easily be in the $15,000-$20,000 range within a year's time.
None of you have considered the ascot angle.
It's a beautiful watch, but quite contrary to what one might believe, the Radiomir type cases often wear much larger than the Luminor ones. Without the crown guard of the latter, the former is all dial.
No, not the 372. Checkout my new posts over the past couple of pages. PAM587.