or Connect

Posts by mafoofan

See, if you've never met with or worked with any of these people, you'd come to just that sort of simplistic conclusion. The truth is, Salvatore Ambrosi is not a bad person. He just got in over his head. He and his father are absolutely geniuses at making pants, but evidently have no clue about how to operate an overseas business in the U.S. Salvatore would be the first to admit that.Rather then schedule regular visits, he would send out e-mails to first gauge interest, or...
New Girl is funny, but too cloyingly cute. Zoe Deschanel could be hot, but chooses not to be, which is annoying enough. Add to that the bipolar-fairy-pixie-girl persona and it's simply intolerable.Brooklyn 99 is great.
Ah, another disinterested party.
What a pile of idiotic drivel.I have zero interest in dissuading people from using Gennaro. I do, however, despise the ADD-riddled, misty-eyed naivete that runs rampant on this forum and which is exemplified by your posts. By self-admission, you have no longstanding working relationship with any tailors. Yet, you are advising Gennaro on how to build his U.S. business, and your approach is exactly the same which has led Ambrosi and Solito to reputational ruin on this side...
The thread can hurt him. I hear Styleforum clients are painful to deal with. How many will show up just to peruse swatch books and ask questions about spalla camicia? Can you imagine having to make a suit for an archtypal_yuppie or Grammaton Clitoris?
I would have told him and his son that "coming out" on Styleforum is a terrible idea. Unfortunately, others advised otherwise, despite the warning signs presented by historical precedent.
Curb Your Enthusiasm and Louis are both hilarious. But--I'm not ashamed to say it--most of the time I watch TV, I want a feel-good experience. Similarly, I no longer have the patience for the sort of mopey, sad bastard rock music I liked when I was in middle school.
Regardless of how many customers are samplers versus regulars, the regulars deliver a much better return on investment. Every tailor I've ever spoken with, including Hitchcock at A&S and Richard Anderson himself, has complained about sifting through customers who will put in one or two orders to find quality clients who will bring recurring business.
In the sense that orders had a way of mysteriously never getting finished?
Now all you need is a round trip ticket to Naples and a few days off from work to to pick it up! But that's okay, it was a deal.