or Connect

Posts by mafoofan

Sure. If I had a fireplace, I'd like to rock in front of it.
Eh. Like I said, no dispute over the simplicity. But sectionals always give me a slightly claustrophobic sensation. You're all caged in. And they do eat up a lot of volume. Some elegant chairs and a slim sofa are just lighter looking overall.
Why do an Eames at all? It's a cool chair and super comfortable, but maybe it is not right for this application. It sounds like you have a large enough house that you can use it elsewhere and this sitting area can be more tailored to its intended function. For example, a rocking chair in its place would be nice--and, likely cheaper to boot.
I don't like the Eames here either, but I assumed we had to include it. Given then P. is intent on using one, can you think of a better way to place/orient it? I cannot.
I like the simplicity of the sectional and agree it is better for loose lounging, but the separates are less visually massive and you can move chairs around if need be. Plus and minus.
Virtues of a sectional vs. separates aside, don't you agree there is really only one way to orient a sectional in this case (well, two, if you count flipping it)? Neither back side of the sectional can face the fireplace. That leaves one place for the Eames: in the opposite corner, at an angle.
You can always flip the orientation so that the most people in the sitting area would have a view out the window.I would not center the Eames and have it stare down an aisle created by two sofas. That sort of symmetry is unnatural feeling.
It would look like #1 or #2, with the sectional replacing the "L" created by the chairs and sofa. Do you agree the Eames is sort of locked in? Really, everything else has to be arranged to make sense with it.
If you have the space, you could potentially do a sectional facing the fireplace, and put the Eames in the opposite corner, at an angle. However, I personally would prefer less sofa and more chairs--more flexible and open feeling. You could do a two-seater, two chairs, and your Eames. To help frame things: (1) the Eames ought to be at angle, (2) you should avoid symmetry (why I don't like the idea of two sofas facing each other, and (3) you obviously don't want anything...
Have you officially killed the notion of double Eames lounge chairs?