or Connect

Posts by mafoofan

^^^ Interesting. I hope someone can help you figure that out. I haven't the foggiest idea.
Yep.
Well, I ordered my first bespoke suit from Rubinacci when I was 25 and I still wear all my stuff from back then. If price is not so much of an issue, so long as you stick to staples and ask for enough seam allowance, and you stay fit, it could work.
Flusser's advice on collar vs. face shape is just wrong, in my judgment and experience. According to him, the wideness of your collar spread should be inversely related to the wideness of your face. However, narrow collars just make wide faces look even wider and wide-spread collars just make narrower faces look narrower. If I had to come up with a rule for collar spreads based merely on face shape, I would propose the exact opposite of Flusser's (mis)guidance.
Style is a measure of the choices one makes. Avoiding choice is not a workaround.
Croc can be worn up or down the formality scale. Extremely adaptive.
Do the Nomos on navy matte crocodile. Same color stitching.
I hate when collar edges are perfectly straight. This is how Charvet is cutting mine (on the right):
Why is a lack of versatility or variety a demerit? Knowing what you like is not a bad thing and dressing with consistency is its own sort of courage.
I hesitate to respond because you are so damned obtuse. One more try then I'm done.1. I'm not saying there are zero well-dressed men in Naples. I'm saying there are far, far fewer than popularly imagined by the likes of Styleforum geeks, iGents, etc. (I say that as one of them). I come to this conclusion the same way I would about any other city, by visiting and observing how common it is to spot a well-dressed man in highly trafficked areas. You suggest there are certain...