or Connect

Posts by Beatlegeuse

Finally got my Southwick EFF jacket back from the tailor and wore it yesterday, awful bathroom shot: Guessed a bit on sizing, but I'm happy I went with the 42XL, I think just a long would have been too short for my tastes. Ideally I would have preferred a slightly lower buttoning point...is that something Southwick could accommodate on a future order? I like the wider lapels on these, but I wouldn't mind at all if they went even wider in the future. Other than those...
I think I will do this going forward. And I went back and checked my recent order again and upon closer inspection I did notify Luxire in the order notes that I would be sending in garments for replication. They must have skipped over that and only looked at the previous order number when they went to make my shirts and trousers. I think everything is set to arrive tomorrow so we'll see how they turn out.
drop to $60 shipped CONUS...last week for these, listing will close on Friday.
It's possible that this may have played a small role, but there would have had to be some serious shrinkage to be 100% of the problem.I didn't measure all the parts of the shirts, I went mostly by feel. I could tell there was something off from my older orders to my recent orders just by putting the shirts on and wearing them for a full day. The pants I did measure and there were some big problems, for example the half hip measurement was nearly a full inch smaller than my...
I have dozens of Luxire orders and have been using the same pattern almost the whole time, but little by little I feel like I started to see small changes and the newer shirts started to feel less and less like my older shirts. It was more like I started getting a copy of a copy of a copy of a copy instead of something that matched the original pattern exactly. I wasn't really happy with my last order, the sleeves were too short and overall they felt too tight. I figured I...
FWIW, the stuff I sent in for replication were both previous Luxire orders, and I referenced the order numbers in my new order, so maybe they made them based on those old orders. I'll find out next Tuesday...
I never had a problem receiving TSM 2nds list, been getting them for years, but I never got the most recent one sent out for some reason. Maybe I need to go back and re-register.
Already got a shipping notification for the linen sale items I bought last Friday - 1 trouser and 2 shirts. The problem is, I mailed back a shirt and pants to be used as a template for the sizing and details of this order...and that shipment won't even arrive at Luxire until Monday. Curious to see how the measurements turn out on this order.
I'm a 14 in most Nikes, 14 in New Balance 574, but I'm a 13 in Converse Chuck Taylors. I have a pair of Converse x John Varvatos Chucks is size 13 that fit pretty similar to these.
I just have too many sneakers and these were just sitting in my closet. Since I only wore them a few times, I figured I'd sell them to someone else who will actually wear them. That's proving a little more difficult than I thought!