or Connect

Posts by Beatlegeuse

^ mine! This thing is awesome, got it last week. It came a bit rumpled in the mail so I'm having it pressed now, but I can't wait to wear it.
Very slow 7 miles today with 140 walking lunges and 70 push-ups. I need to start getting up earlier on Sundays because it's already too hot and humid at 7:30 when I start my run.
4.8 miles this morning. And I foam roll before every run, no matter how long or short. It really helps me to warm up and get my muscles and joints ready to go. I don't like the way it feels to start a run without foam rolling first, since I've gotten so used to it.
I don't really see much of a bump in the photos. It looks like one of the sleeves may be attached ever so slightly higher than the other one, so that it's sitting a little bit higher, almost like a very subdued roped shoulder. But honestly I had to look really hard at the photo to notice that at all. The first jacket they made had a really big issue where one of the sleeves was attached incorrectly to the shoulder, resulting in a very large bump, which they fixed for free....
Turnaround was very quick on this one, about 6 weeks. But like you said, they already had my pattern and made only very minor changes, so if it was a first order I'm sure it would have taken longer.
That navy unstructured jacket is mine! Can't wait to get it (hopefully tomorrow), judging from the pics it looks like they absolutely nailed it. And the measurements were not changing substantially from the sand canvas jacket I had made recently, so the fit should be spot on as well. As mentioned by a few people, I may lower the gorge just a bit on future orders, but that's a pretty minor detail.
Thanks for the comments, and while they may not be the dressy hopsack I was looking for, it sounds like they will still get a lot of wear in my wardrobe. In the summer, I wear linen pants to work almost daily, so even if the fabric isn't very refined, I'm sure I'll still wear them a lot.
well that sucks, haha. I was expecting something similar to what Epaulet offered as well. I'll wait until I get them and try them out, but I was hoping for a dressier fabric as well. I'm sure I'll still wear them, and if it means wearing a linen or cotton jacket instead of a business-y wool jacket, then I'm fine with that. And I'll just stick to Fresco and other lightweight wools for my dress pants.
4.2 this morning in 36 minutes, quickest run for me in a while.
My VBC order is arriving tomorrow...mid grey hopsack trousers and estate blue hopsack blazer. This will probably be my go-to combo for any occasion where I need to throw on a jacket and tie, can't wait to get this delivery. And my navy canvas jacket should be shipping today as well.