or Connect

Posts by Beatlegeuse

@Epaulet I've been waffling back and forth on the khaki canvas field jacket still. It's probably too warm for me to consider getting another jacket right now, but it got me thinking...any chance you will consider doing a linen version of the field jacket? That would probably suit my needs a little better than the cotton duck canvas. Something in this same khaki color would be awesome.
Just picked up my linen sale stuff from FedEx, and Luxire knocked these out of the park. Fit and details 100% match my best-fitting Luxire garments, so turns out there really was no need to mail anything back. I'll make sure to use this order # going forward for all my future orders to keep everything in line. I guess my last orders that didn't fit as well were just outliers. Well done Luxire!Also - funny story...I hadn't purchased any clothing in about 6-7 months as my...
Paint brush brown fresco yesterday, one of my YHNT faves:
Finally got my Southwick EFF jacket back from the tailor and wore it yesterday, awful bathroom shot: Guessed a bit on sizing, but I'm happy I went with the 42XL, I think just a long would have been too short for my tastes. Ideally I would have preferred a slightly lower buttoning point...is that something Southwick could accommodate on a future order? I like the wider lapels on these, but I wouldn't mind at all if they went even wider in the future. Other than those...
I think I will do this going forward. And I went back and checked my recent order again and upon closer inspection I did notify Luxire in the order notes that I would be sending in garments for replication. They must have skipped over that and only looked at the previous order number when they went to make my shirts and trousers. I think everything is set to arrive tomorrow so we'll see how they turn out.
drop to $60 shipped CONUS...last week for these, listing will close on Friday.
It's possible that this may have played a small role, but there would have had to be some serious shrinkage to be 100% of the problem.I didn't measure all the parts of the shirts, I went mostly by feel. I could tell there was something off from my older orders to my recent orders just by putting the shirts on and wearing them for a full day. The pants I did measure and there were some big problems, for example the half hip measurement was nearly a full inch smaller than my...
I have dozens of Luxire orders and have been using the same pattern almost the whole time, but little by little I feel like I started to see small changes and the newer shirts started to feel less and less like my older shirts. It was more like I started getting a copy of a copy of a copy of a copy instead of something that matched the original pattern exactly. I wasn't really happy with my last order, the sleeves were too short and overall they felt too tight. I figured I...
FWIW, the stuff I sent in for replication were both previous Luxire orders, and I referenced the order numbers in my new order, so maybe they made them based on those old orders. I'll find out next Tuesday...
I never had a problem receiving TSM 2nds list, been getting them for years, but I never got the most recent one sent out for some reason. Maybe I need to go back and re-register.