or Connect

Posts by Beatlegeuse

Had to jump back in and make one more purchase during the sale - Loro Piana houndstooth trousers and full suit in Minnie Fresco (0511). I'm mailing in a jacket for replication that has soft shoulder and no padding, so we'll see how this turns out! Unbeatable value on a full Fresco suit with the 20% off code btw.
Dang, must have missed that. Do you guys typically get fabric labels inside your garments with Luxire? I think the only time I got one was with a pair of Holland & Sherry tweed trousers I bought a few years ago. I wonder if this is something that can be requested when purchasing a high end fabric.
^ wow how did I miss those Loro Piana houndstooth trousers. Might need to place another order.
Is there going to be a suit jacket / sport coat sale? I thought I remembered seeing something about $599 jackets earlier. If I could get a full suit in the $800 range with that sale I'd jump on it. Still need to mail in a jacket for replication tho.
I think you missed the point of the sale. The 20% code was not supposed to stack on top of the doorbuster prices. The VBC flannels and other fabrics at $99 were a steal, and the 20% code was meant to go active after the doorbuster period closed.
First to pay gets the item, FREE CONUS shipping, PM me with any questions! Up for sale is a pair of MTM trousers from Luxire - Minnis Flannel Light Grey (fabric #0500). These are light and airy and perfect for a warmer climate. They breathe better than linen and they hold a crease better as well. These sell on Luxire's site for $250, but I'll let this pair go for only $100 $85shipped. They have been worn but they are still in perfect condition. They're half-lined to the...
First to pay gets the item, FREE CONUS shipping, PM me with any questions! Up for sale is a pair of like new Alden unlined suede brown chukka boots. I wore them once and decided they just weren't for me. These are size 13C and they've only been worn once, you can see in the photos that the oiled leather soles show almost zero wear. These are built on the Leydon last, which most wear true to size. Retail is $528 on these, but you can pick up this rare size here for less...
12 oz is not too heavy for flannels. FWIW I had a lightweight pair of 9 oz flannels a while back and didn't like them, they just felt too flimsy. If you want a lighter pair of pants, I think you're better off getting a fabric that lends itself better to a lighter weight. Flannels should feel substantial IMO.
In for at least the Dugdale charcoal tweed and VBC grey wool flannel, holding out to see if any other fabrics get added to the sale. That Dugdale brown green gun club would make such a killer jacket.
Wanted to post a quick review of the Yellow Hook classic fit shirt I recently picked up when Rob offered the blowout deal for $75. Out of the box, the quality of the shirt is amazing. I'm not knowledgeable enough to speak intelligently about all the different facets of the shirt construction that make it so great, all I know is that I can tell a nice shirt from a crappy one. And this is a very very very nice one. The collar is soft and has a wonderful old school roll to...