or Connect

Posts by tutee

+ (too many points)This is Very well put foo and certainly is true in US. I suspect it has been going on for a while but this tendency has skyrocketed in last 2 decades I think (up till 80s it wasn't so bad). Moreover, if a straight man happens to have decent enough taste, he is often reminded by others to yield in favor of a feminine/gay opinion.
No actually over the years I have grown Very Very dull or strict with tailored wear.You have too but perhaps to a lesser degree
very amusing thread here are some of my personal ones 1. No ties without a jacket 2, No jackets without a tie 3. No jackets at a place where someone could show up in jeans 4. No suede with worsted 5. No polished calf with tweed 6. No brown with blue 7. No impressing or statement making with tailored wear 8. No blending of fun/sexy and traditional tailored wear 9. Full dress on Halloween
No no of course not that would indeed be monotonous.Very true. I was actually interested in most SFers motivation for this 4 pattern mixing. First I thought it was just creativity but then realized some part of it has to do with looking good also.
Honestly I was just typing the same thing then deleted it but after reading your post thought of asking it againso here this is for ed as he is the thread starter or anyone elseso far with youWhy do this anyways?Seriously I am interested. Most SFers thinks very differently from me so it is good to know. Is it just for creativity? Trying to impress someone etc? There is no "correctness" related context for matching 4 patterns (if there ever was) nor is there any guarantee...
Same here. I am VERY aware of their constrains and almost never deviate from my developed dress and casual shirt formats. However, As I mentioned earlier I have always felt that going back to them with an order of 2-3 shirts is never enough. Honestly, I am never comfortable with ordering 5 shirts or more on subsequent orders. How many do you get at a time from them?Yup same here. Never really cared for them and likely never will. As long as stitching is neat and no loose...
First off thank you so much mmkm for your information.Actually, I wasn't referring to the "showmanship." I was referring to "Catering to the needs of big timers so small-timers and nit-pickers need not inquire" phenomenon.Also thank you for the info on thread Vox.
I was looking forward to them the most. can you please at least share some experience about fitting or their process? No pictures needed. How do they compare to Kabbaz for example or other shirt makers (process and product)? I have the impression that their base clientele are Hollywood "big timers" and movie business and that is why I have felt very reluctant to proceed with them. The Fioravanti phenomenon in NYC if you will.You thoughts and comments will be good to read....
Can you please share some of your experiences with Anto and Jon Green. Especially with Anto as there is almost next to no information on their shirts.And perhaps then allow me to ask the big question, with which of these shirt makers are you most satisfied with? or to speak in what you described above have the best "chemistry" with and why? I hope Mr. Boyer was alluding to his special relationship with Mr. Cheo as a customer when showing you that phenomenon rather than...
Thank You for these suggestions. I did remember the name of Ascot Chang but wasn't sure of their offerings.I was not asking for these this bespoke shirt makers for my immediate needs but rather I wanted to know what else was out there currently in market in terms of options. A friend was also interested in getting some shirts and asked me about his choices and I wasn’t exactly sure so I asked here.Actually I have no styling concerns with Geneva. Being that I am pretty...