or Connect

Posts by C3PLOS

Quote: Originally Posted by Brideshead You guys (and girls) who are part of the present day scene - do you always wear The Look or just when going to 'doos'? Although coming from a Mod angle as opposed to skinhead, I still incorporate the Look into everyday wear. In fact, I've always felt that the older I get the more it just makes sense. I've slowly been wearing less casual wear and going for more suits and ties several days a week (even...
A little off-topic, maybe, but this weekend my wife and I sat down to have a laugh over a documentary I received for Christmas: "Mods, The Who, and the Quadrophenia Connection." We were ready to criticize, roll our eyes, and more, but it ended up being a pretty good little film! Nice history delving into the original mods (our fave part), the Who's path to Quadrophenia, and the connection of the record and movie to the revival stuff (secretly, I think my wife's fave...
Quote: Originally Posted by porcelain monkey Let me get this straight; you are wearing black pants, black jacket (not a suit), and a navy vest? Forgive me, but that sounds awful. Well, no, the vest is in the closet at work. Once I realized the mistake, I took it off as soon as I could. I don't mind the pants and jacket though. -C
This morning, grabbed a black vest from my closet and wore it out with black pants, black jacket, lavender shirt and tie. However, once I went out into daylight, realized the vest was navy! Could the navy vest still work with the black pants and jacket if there are small navy flowers in the tie I'm wearing?
Quote: Originally Posted by bunty August '70 This last photo is the best! Really sharp look and nice suit color!
Quote: Originally Posted by Get Smart M-o-M, how high did the level of violence escalate to when a gang says "we got him"...just a good kicking and that's it or more? I'm sure it depends on context and who's involved.... One of my good friends, the last time he got into it, was stabbed in the heart/chest, his mate stabbed in the neck and killed. Fortunately my friend survived it and healed up well (tho his chest tattoo no longer lines up where they...
Another question for M-O-M (or anyone else from that time period): Did you know any one who remained a Mod througout the late '60s/early '70s, or did everyone pretty much morph into the skinhead/suedehead look or drop it altogether? Just curious if there were people still sporting a Mod look after others moved on. I'm guessing not, since the Mod thing was constantly evolving and changing back then. -C
Quote: Originally Posted by Southlondongent Another newish number in a retro stylee - obviously can't compete with Sam and Dave though... The Third Degree - Mercy IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.  ...
Quote: Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy This has it all, amazing song, great dancing, funky guitar (Tele through a Marshall ) killer rhytnm section, and cool threads.... Darn it! I can't view this at work, but based on the title of the clip, I can guess what footage this is... the same footage a buddy and I used to learn how to dance! These guys were the slickest when it came to a stage show. On the soul duo tip, Maurice & Mac are my...
Although this is the 'vintage' soul appreciation thread, is anyone else into the new crop of soul acts coming out (i.e., Sharon Jones, Eli Reed, Raphael Saadiq)? There's a lot more really bringing the old sound back in new ways. Some of these acts are even bringing out some northern soul style beats! I wish I could post some YouTube tracks, but I don't have access here at work. -C