or Connect

Posts by meister

1940s Nettleton mild spades
My LOLing at you shirt anecdote only barely makes up for that bad decision on the shoes...naughty boy corner for you until absolution kicks in....
Beautiful but my issues with real Panamas is that the shape and firmness of the brim can so easily be wrecked by the smallest shower. I remember I wore one of Panama Bob's to a Melbourne Cup lunch and then a shower later that afternoon on the way home and that was it. Total re-flange job and never the same again.Hence my preference for Milans with the stiffer straw component.
My son was amazed (as a Sydneysider) at the medieval condition of NYC what with huge rats, overflowing bins/dumpsters and side streets where you puked from the smell of rubbish etc. Looks like the citizens have taken the problem in hand: http://media.smh.com.au/news/world-news/urban-rat-hunters-tackle-new-york-4233829.html?next_video=true
Even though owned by the same family as the Strand Arcade aka Coombes not the same level.
Talking with Bonita is done how? I seem to recall emailing her once with a picture but she could not seem to open a flickr photo.What is the process for sending all the deets? Snail mail? eg foot diagram yer actual snaps of the shoes to be copied? EtcOr is there some online system that works?
Suburban eatery Attica, in Ripponlea, Melbourne, makes world's top 50 by: John Lethlean From: The Australian April 30, 2013 6:50AM A TINY Melbourne restaurant has had a meteoric rise in the international rankings that recognise the industry's most creative souls. Attica, in the suburb of Ripponlea, has burst into the World's 50 Best Restaurants list at number 21 after years of knocking on the door. (See Attica's entry in The Australian's Hot 50 here.) It is a...
Def Japanese with maybe Italian second after I have been emotionally destroyed by Nutcracker's thread. Def not UK but then Cleverley might get me
One of the nicest summer hats is the Akubra Capricorn/Bondi http://hatsdirect.com/cgi-bin/products.cgi?view=71&returncat=Straw+Hats&returnpage=0 Until I left/got mine stolen recently it was a top hat for the following reasons: 1. Cool ventilated in summer (Sydney got up to 44.5C this year in town!). 2. Rugged (hemp fibre) 3. Quality (leather band that is not sweaty). 4. Shape . Maintains its shape despite pulling on/off and summer carelessness. I own/have owned 50s top...
The bar just got raised at SF. Have a bump for that alone.