or Connect

Posts by meister

Forget Saphir. It stinks. Use Collonil 1909.
I got a pair of Carminas recently on the Forest last in 10.5 and I would describe them as a close to 10.5F/EUK small US 11E but a bit more like a 10.5FUK Churchs. Like an EUR44.5 in fact. I am a straight UK10 normally so I'll put an insert in to take up the extra volume.A pair of dub monks I had in 10 Carmina were actually more like 9.5UK. Narrower last.
Some good points there re R&M. Abbott also wears RMs!Getting any normal (non-SF person) to consider paying more than AUD350 for shoes is a big call these days.
American Tailors no longer carry them?
My grandfather forged his birth certificate back to age 39. He was born in 1873 (we are from his second marriage). He then got incensed that they would not let him join up in 1939!They wanted to cut his leg off after being wounded at Lone Pine. He refused and was repatriated back to Australia in 1916. He played first grade cricket for St George Cricket Club into his 40s.He had a bit of shrapnel in the leg that got TB eventuallly and he had it amputated in 1957!Here he is...
This is good if you like antique UK fashion http://www.old-town.co.uk/galleries.htm
Just remembering my grandfather - James Henry Boots 18th Division First AIF. Gallipoli Veteran wounded and repatriated from Lone Pine.
Yes it's Saturday Sydney time, so this morning I had a chat with Nick Pascuzzo the local Manly cobbler who is a trained shoemaker despite being only 37!I set the task that I want him to do.A complete reboot - but the real task is to save the patina etched into the uppers. I want a shoe that keeps that upper patina but rehabbed from a shoe perspective inside and below.Nick is going to strip the bottoms off, hand re-welt and patch the odd hidden spot from inside and resole...
Just one early snap of a renovation project I am going to post on SF but which reinforces DWFII's comment on real antiquing vs fake.My mission (should I accept it) is to save the antiquing... whilst rehabbing the shoes.These are a 50 year old pair of C&Js 10.5 E UK I picked up this week.They is the Real McCoy. A product of 50 years of applied love. Incidentally they were Topyied too!