or Connect

Posts by meister

This is a great summation of the op shop/thrift shop dilemma. Recently I outfitted a mate from Adelaide with like 4x 42R Ceruti suits that were good quality but had been dumped by some "buy it in NYC" big timer for whom they were expendable.You get an eBay account and it costs you AUD30 a month when not used and then even when you close it you owe them a theoretical AUD45.The all the rest of it as described above by fxh and it becomes a pain to just be an occasional...
Meistersinger...that's my brother actually...Bavarian Staatsoper.
Indeed great shoes...especially the Barker Blacks.
Late 1950s McAfees by Church. The famous LA firm Oviatts had them in their catalogue. One of my most comfortable and wearable pairs. Particularly nicely shaped last - a bit like an EG 202 but sharper.
The only thing that would top them is a pair of Edwin Clapps.
Very good advice and MO I follow.Wearing a nice tie I scored the other day in a Salvos - ex Barneys of NYC. It is covered in my favourite bird - the Toucan.The tie has a generally navy background with the toucans supplying the colour.http://educationalsongskids.blogspot.com.au/2013/07/the-toucan-song.html
How's this for suckup drivel? (dribble?) Obama’s election was one of the great markers in the black freedom struggle. In the electoral realm, ironically, the country may be more racially divided than it has been in a generation. Obama lost among white voters in 2012 by a margin greater than any victor in American history. The popular opposition to the Administration comes largely from older whites who feel threatened, underemployed, overlooked, and disdained in a...
I'd agree entirely.The exploration of the Cold War meme of 'whatever it takes' as a way of combatting the Soviet Empire contrasted with the Brave New World they thought they were getting (same as WWI) and the suddenness of its disappearance - is a critical aspect of the post War era.Horowitz the writer has done a top job interpreting it in this series.Foyle's loves "the rule of law" and finds horror in seeing it compromised by the "national interest" as interpreted by the...
Yes they are vicious - the most dangerous snake in the world. Fast killer.