or Connect

Posts by meister

A great passion. Wearable art.
Interesting. I would love a DWFII opinion on this.
Cross post for posterity.UPDATEI notice RIDER's dating post was month/ then yearThis would indicate that mine are 1030 = October 1930!
Not often do you get to tick one off your vintage shoe Bucket List. 1930s Johnston and Murphy Hand Made spades made for the venerable Rogers Peet firm in NYC. America's greatest hand made off the rack shoe. RIP. Thanks to vintage shoe Maestro isshinryu 101 for securing me those beauties in my favourite size 11D. Love Treatment Regime so far: 1. Generous applications of Cadillac conditioner 2. Generous rubbing in of Collonil1909/Diamant medium brown 3. Finished...
I love the way Bestetti has migrated his cowboy boot background into those incredible bevelled and wood pegged waists. He has achieved that 1920s aesthetic without compromising strength. At the same time his style is beyond even the best bootmakers. I really like the burgundy spade ghillies and the antiqued brownish tan ones that look like they have been polished for 10 years.
http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/music/jimmy-page-reveals-why-led-zeppelin-is-remastering-its-early-albums-20140523-zrj6a.html
Nicely finished Villi. Especially the Italian style soles. Reminiscent of Harris shoes.
Ben Quilty’s talents on show at London’s Saatchi Gallery •by: ALEX SPEED •From: The Australian •May 24, 2014 12:00AM IN the long, hot January days after he took out the top award at the inaugural Prudential Eye Awards in Singapore, Ben Quilty was filled with disquiet. Speechless after beating 500 other nominated artists from across Asia, he collected $US50,000 and an invitation to be the subject of a prestigious solo exhibition at the internationally acclaimed Saatchi...
My new Gucci Suedes. Very comfortable last like wearing an EG 202 last.