or Connect

Posts by meister

Can't beat vintage Nettletons.
Wrong teams.
http://meccariello-calzoleria.tumblr.com/post/98483505970/the-original-box-calf Today what is commonly refered to as box calf is an chrome tanned, full-grain, aniline-dyed leather, usually in black. It has lost the tell tale ‘box’ or ‘willow’ grain pattern since it is no longer hand curried/boarded, instead it is mechanised and the leather run through rollers. One of the last tanneries that still hand curried and boarded leather for footwear uppers was W.E & J. Pebody...
1950s Alan McAfee navy blue and white spectators
On my experience of the US make ups the 11D is a better fit for me. Saying all that he is me today a few years after I started wearing a pair of C&J for RLs from the noughties in 10.5D. Handgrade specs.
I have a Poulsen Skone C&J pair that are handgrade specs. That was a bargain.
There is no red rot on it and 2 goes with Cadillac cream have done wonders already. There is abrading on the bump spots but the leather is solid. Then dryness but nothing too bad.I have a lot of vintage shoes from the 20s-40s so I know exactly what you mean DWFII.I was stunned at the condition it was in. Solid as. A crease tear that has to be sewn a bit stiffish in some parts that has backing but once I finish my magic...Pre Caddy cream:
This bag according to the 60+ owner was inherited from his grandfather! Go figure as they say in NYC. Before: After a clean and some Cadillac cream (unpolished): A lot of work to go. Someone lost the key and jemmied the lock upwards...probably find someone to fix it. One crease needs some sewing too.
geez I loved that album in the 70s wore the grooves off it and the film was pretty good too.
Beautiful!