or Connect

Posts by jc4jax

Since I did not get a response/answer in the Ask a question thread: I bought these recently off of Ebay and planning ahead to have them re-soled/shod in the near future. I have checked locally and I am not confident the shoe repair establishments in my small city have the skill (based on online reviews). These are the Zegna Couture and it has a real nice nail job (Sutor Mantellassi?) My question is does anyone have experience with any of these mail-in cobblers or a good...
I would say yes most tailors do alterations, its not as much work and you would get more clients who would need hemming and other common alterations. However there may be some who strictly do tailoring i.e. custom bespoke tailors and it would not be worth their time for small jobs.My mom is an alterationist for 34 years and can do custom women's tailoring but sadly she never trained for men's suit tailoring
I would say try running hot water thru it but it may cause shrinking or some color fading possibly on that spot
Dry cleaning before storing really helps. If there is some spill or stain from food, the moths seem to go right there first. You could try fumigating the closet, I remember using a glue board that came with a moth attractant in the pantry that seem to work too well, the board was covered with moths. Bleh
I read somewhere that Bergdorf Goodman is the sole authorized retailer for Vass in the US, but you could get it for less than half the price in Budapest allegedly.
I noticed in some of the pictures that some leave the bottom right button undone (similar in a SB) while some button them all. Which is proper or does that rule even apply to a DB suit?
I bought two of these boxed sets at Saks off of 5th for $20 each, the shoe horn is metal.
I know some do not like AE but for those who are getting into better quality shoes, here is an oppotunity to buy new pairs and accessories at a discount going on later in the month. Allen Edmonds 14.92%+ off everything Sept 26-Oct 11 Allen Edmonds is having their "Rediscover America" sale, Sept 26-Oct 11. All merchandise will be 14.92% off (get it?), and many models of shoes/boots will be up to ~30% off. Even if you're not in the market for shoes, AE has some great...
I bought these recently off of Ebay and planning ahead to have them re-soled/shod in the near future. I have checked locally and I am not confident the shoe repair establishments in my small city have the skill (based on online reviews). These are the Zegna Couture and it has a real nice nail job (Sutor Mantellassi?) My question is does anyone have experience with any of these mail-in cobblers they recommend that can properly re-sole these? I would prefer they use nails as...
I just bought a used Canali navy double breated suit on Ebay but disappointly all of the sleeve buttons are missing or broken. The seller did not post or mention that they were damaged and missing. I will be replacing the entire set so my question to the forum is what is your opinion on the best button color for a navy double breasted? Brown or blue/navy?