or Connect

Posts by trogdor

I wanted to get a map of the city where I live, so I went to the local tourist office. They were doing a stock-check, and so couldn't sell me the one I wanted. But because both my wife and I have non-local accents, they thought we were tourists, and so gave us the map for free! €4! W00t!
Quote: Originally Posted by unpainted huffheinz Up the ante: http://www.brooksbrothers.com/BB_Bla...ent=menapparel Janey Mac, that is horrible! I could live with the button down (just), but the short sleeves made me throw up in my mouth a little.
You might try Gant. I've got some khakis from them which are not baggy, but not tight either, and they're fairly lightweight. They seem quite well made, and they have a couple of details which I really like: (i) One of those neat little belt loops just above the fly which keeps your belt centred by fitting over the prong, (ii) a little coin/lighter pocket inside the main pocket on the right-hand side.
This thread reminds me of this recent article: http://stuffwhitepeoplelike.com/2008/04/30/97-scarves/ "White People’s body temperatures do not operate on logical or consistent levels, and because of this white people are often forced to wear clothing combinations that might seem strange or illogical. One popular example is the performance vest which solves the age old problem of cold chest hot arms. Another common combination is wearing shorts with a sweatshirt which...
Quote: Originally Posted by letmebefell Gan dabht bhi'odar ag fucka'il around leat. That's proper Connacht Irish!
Quote: Originally Posted by Johnny_5 A couple of years back I was in Connemara taking in the scenery. Stopped at one of the very few stores/gas stations there and the people there only spoke Gaelic, so I presume it is spoken as a primary language there among natives...I can imagine that being a hike for you though...Good luck with that. I suspect that they may have been teasing you a bit -- there are no monolingual Irish speakers left, so...
Quote: Originally Posted by X-It Go raibh maith agat, trogdor. An-mhaith, X-it. Tá fáilte romhat! (I don't know how to form the vocative of "X-it" -- it's probably "hX-it" -- pronounced "hex-it").
Quote: Originally Posted by X-It What does it mean? Would you like to translate it, please? It sounds pretty cool. "An bhfuil cead agam dul amach go dtí an leithreis?" = "May I go to the toilet" (Literally: "Is there permission with me going out to the toilets") "Is maith liom cáca milis." = "I like cake" (Literally: "Is well with me cake sweet") These are two phrases -- in many cases, the only two -- that most people remember from primary...
Anyone have any Irish? I could use a bit of practice, but it's not even spoken very much here! An bhfuil cead agam dul amach go dti an leithreis? Is maith liom caca milis.
I'm going to beg to differ a little here. On the positive side, at least the suit fits in the shoulders (I think) and the jacket waist looks OK. For a first suit, I don't think it's a total disaster. If money's tight, I think you could make it serviceable simply by getting the jacket sleeves shortened, shortening and hemming the trousers, and maybe getting the seat of the trousers taken in a little (which might fix the weird wrinkling on the backs of your thighs).