or Connect

Posts by trogdor

Quote: You could just take off the remaining one .... Would be better than putting one on that doesn't match The trouble is that the coat has the sort of sleeves that run all the way through up to the collar (there's no shoulder seam like on a suit jacket). When I take the orphaned epaulette off, the shoulders look a bit saggy -- so I'd rather have two that matched each other, even if they didn't match the coat exactly, if you see what I mean. I...
So I got an almost perfect Burberry trenchcoat from a charity shop. It's one of the old ones from when they were still called "Burberry's", it fits well and it cost me a mere $25 (CDN) The problem? It only has one epaulette. The question: can you buy odd epaulettes? I don't mind if they're not a perfect match, but I don't even know where to start looking. Maybe I should just buy some bad-ass military ones? Any ideas?
Quote: I have actually heard a different origin for the white collars/cuffs on a colored shirt. The story goes that upper-class gentlemen liked the look of the colorful patterned shirts of their lower-class brethren, but it wasn't considered 'proper' to wear colorful shirts in polite society. Solution: Colorful shirt body, 'proper' white collar. That's what I had always heard; you could still be "white collar", even if you preferred the dulcet tones...
Quote: Plus I want to be the first to welcome Trogdor to SF. The Burninator rules. Hey thanks. I've been lurking for a few weeks, but I had to step in when my area of expertise (shopping in Toronto on a tight budget) came up, so I used my beefy arm to type something up. I second the HR last call store. I've picked up some nice shirts (New & Lingwood and, dare I say it, Dolce and Gabbana). The best deals are the HR own label shirts which go for a...
Quote: As far as prices go, these would seem reasonable to me... (prices in $CAD w/ tax included) Jeans/Pants: $100-150 Casual/Dress Shirt: $75-125 T-shirts: $20-30 Long Sleeve T-shirts: $50-75 Shoes: $150-275 Sweater: $75-150 Spending anything above those prices would be considered a luxury for me and I couldn't really justify it, at least not at the present time. In Toronto, if you want to go top-end for jeans, try a store called Over The Rainbow...