or Connect

Posts by trogdor

So I got an almost perfect Burberry trenchcoat from a charity shop. It's one of the old ones from when they were still called "Burberry's", it fits well and it cost me a mere $25 (CDN) The problem? It only has one epaulette. The question: can you buy odd epaulettes? I don't mind if they're not a perfect match, but I don't even know where to start looking. Maybe I should just buy some bad-ass military ones? Any ideas?
Quote: I have actually heard a different origin for the white collars/cuffs on a colored shirt. The story goes that upper-class gentlemen liked the look of the colorful patterned shirts of their lower-class brethren, but it wasn't considered 'proper' to wear colorful shirts in polite society. Solution: Colorful shirt body, 'proper' white collar. That's what I had always heard; you could still be "white collar", even if you preferred the dulcet tones...
Quote: Plus I want to be the first to welcome Trogdor to SF. The Burninator rules. Hey thanks. I've been lurking for a few weeks, but I had to step in when my area of expertise (shopping in Toronto on a tight budget) came up, so I used my beefy arm to type something up. I second the HR last call store. I've picked up some nice shirts (New & Lingwood and, dare I say it, Dolce and Gabbana). The best deals are the HR own label shirts which go for a...
Quote: As far as prices go, these would seem reasonable to me... (prices in $CAD w/ tax included) Jeans/Pants: $100-150 Casual/Dress Shirt: $75-125 T-shirts: $20-30 Long Sleeve T-shirts: $50-75 Shoes: $150-275 Sweater: $75-150 Spending anything above those prices would be considered a luxury for me and I couldn't really justify it, at least not at the present time. In Toronto, if you want to go top-end for jeans, try a store called Over The Rainbow...