or Connect

Posts by trogdor

Quote: Originally Posted by deadly7 Unless WinXP has changed, you can't do this because of domain/workgroup incompatabilities. If you want a drive both machines can interact with, a network drive may be what you're looking for. There are premade options or you can always set up your own share using Linux/FreeBSD with the specifications you want. Somewhat steep learning curve to do the latter. I feared--but suspected--that this might be the...
Thanks guys, but... Sharing stuff on the desktop doesn't seem to make it visible on the laptop (possibly because the laptop is a work machine and set to be part of the domain there, whilst the desktop is part of a home workgroup). So it's not as straightforward as the "Network Neighbourhood" route. I don't use iTunes--I prefer Foobar--but in any case, that would only work if the machines were in the same network neighbourhood, which they're not (see above).
I feel like an idiot for having to ask this, but I can't figure out how to do something that must be pretty straightforward. StyleForum has always provided good answers to tech queries, so here goes... I have both a desktop and a laptop connected to the same router (the former wired, the latter wireless). I have an external hard-drive connected to the desktop, and it contains all my music. I want listen to that music, using my laptop, in other places around the...
Just saw this over on the failblog, and immediately thought of SF:
Trinity College and the Book of Kells are worth a visit, and the Guinness Brewery too, probably (although I've not been there myself). O'Connell street is one main drag, but slightly more down-at-heel; I'd avoid spending too much time north of the river after dark, as it can get a bit sketchy. The more upmarket shopping street is Grafton street (though nothing special). Temple bar is the main night-clubby area (and there are also some cool independent clothes/record shops...
Conservative: Navy pin-dot (goes with everything). Bold: Something purple-ish.
Do the PS in black stretch out as much as a pair of NS in Indigo?
And Ron Pinhasi, from the People's Republic of Cork is one of the lead investigators! We might be something of a sartorial wasteland, but there are a few of us who know about shoes...
I've had pretty good service there buying a haspel seersucker suit, a few shirts and a couple of pocket squares. The above several comments about the sales staff ring true with me too. Two comments: 1) The staff can be quite snobby if they don't like the look of you. One time I went in wearing shorts and sandals, and they were pretty disdainful. Another time, I went in wearing a jacket and tie, and they were very helfpful. 2) I think the staff there work on quite heavy...
If the loose thread is long enough, I'd be tempted to stick it through a needle and then poke it back in so that the thread is hanging down between the back and the lining.