or Connect

Posts by slack tide

For sale is a SNS Herning Stark Cardigan, Black Melange (this is a charcoal color), Size Small. This is the old fit, so more true to size (in my opinion would fit a broad ranges of sizes, between a 34" and 37"/38" chest). This is the longer fit as well. If you're not familiar with the old fit vs the new I would suggest researching the SNS thread. Only worn a few times and folded in a drawer for a while - excellent condition. No pulls, tears, stains, odors, etc. PayPal...
I have a brown lamb A-2 in about ~37. This was sized for me at 5'8" 145 lbs and it's a pretty good fit. I am looking for something a little roomier though - because i've gained a few pounds plus I want to be able to layer stuff underneath it. Maybe looking for something made for someone 5'8" - 5"10" and 165-170 lbs or so. These are measurements (I will double check these against actuals): shoulders 16.8" chest (pit-to-pit) 20.7" midsection 19.1" waist 17.7" body length,...
I mentioned in my post "no washes" but yes, should clarify these are the 'once-washed' model (slim fit - 29x32). Also I have not worn these daily, more about 2-3 times a week. In PM someone had commented that they really haven't faded very much over the course of 1.5 years, and I'd agree - they're still pretty saturated in Indigo. I'm not really sure what my plan is for them in terms of when to wash, no immediate plans to do so, though.
My RRL's... ~1.5 years, no washes
Stuff seems to be trickling pretty slow into the US retailers (aside from Acrimony). Need Supply also has a few items. I went there in person last weekend to check some things out. All they had in stock in the store was the black/black varsity and the quilted vest. The Varsity is cool, whatever..but a steep price tag relative to two other similar/comparable options (ToJ and Unis) which are both priced below 5 bills. The black wool had a nice hand to it, but had that...
Length is 29.5
I have a new season (FW '13) ludlow sports coat in flannel and I was curious if anyone has any experience with letting a ludlow jacket out a very small amount. Just a tad tight when I have it buttoned up. The sales associate said it did have some extra fabric, and I could go to a good tailor and spend about ~$75 to have it professionally altered.. He almost sounded a little hesitant with the advice though. I know generally speaking it's easier to take in versus let out,...
I basically just said I wanted it to fit more on the relaxed side. Layering in these is tough, though. I have room in the torso for that, but the arms/arm holes may and should be a little restrictive in order to respect the intended design (as I understand it) of the jacket. So a little bit of conflict of interest for those who want the classic ToJ silhouette, yet with still "room to layer". Finding that balance I think is achievable but will involve some risk in...
Being we're the exact same size (with respect to basic height/weight), i'll chime in here...My jacket (note I've never measured actuals):shoulders 16.8"chest (pit-to-pit) 20.7"midsection 19.1"waist 17.7"body length, front 22.5"body length, back 24.7"sleeve length, from shoulder 25.0"sleeve width @ pit 7.0"sleeve width @ elbow 6.3"sleeve width @ cuff 5.8"Fit:There are some small tweaks I'd make but nothing major.Sorry to see ToJ go. I trust we'll have some future...
Still intentions of releasing the oxford navy labels in a true size small?