or Connect

Posts by slack tide

Looks to be some gitman bros on gilt right now
How far are we out on the first fleece/sweatshirt release?
Looking for CP Mids in black, size 41. Very good condition to new.
I received the black suede cap from Opening Ceremony. Happy to report that it is pretty nice & highly wearable. The suede is very soft and all materials that went into it are seemingly good quality... from the braided horsehair, the metal hardware on the back that secures the strap at the desired length, to the lining. The cap itself is floppy and unstructured (good thing). The brim seems pliable enough to hold and maintain a bend if you wanted to wear it that way (as I...
I'm in for one assuming a shade of grey with leather strap, and ballcap
Anyone happen to know where I can find a pair of regular black mids in 41 inclusive of any sort of discount? These seem to sell out quickly, even at retail, so not getting my hopes up. Also, if anyone is selling these (in new or very good condition) please let me know
The blackwatch quilted is the coolest gitman shirt I own. I lucked out and grabbed it from context during their sale. I'm between a S and M in gitman and the medium fits perfect. Fleece/flannel lining is a nice touch
A little more info on the twill jeans... I got the size 32 and they fit me well. Measure 17" aligned from the back. I'm 5'8" 155lbs. A little extra room in the waist but that's pretty welcome nowadays. As Elisix said, some extra room in the thigh too, but not a showstopper. Hard taper down to a 7" hem. wife said they look best sagged just a tiny bit. I'll probably cuff vs hem. Fabric is somewhat rigid, but not quite as much as I was expecting. If properly worn in I could...
I went to NYC recently and took the time to go to the Alden store to get properly sized. I'm a 9 on the brannock, but in the alden barrie last am between an 8 and 8.5, so went with the 8 for a snugger fit. Got these plain toe bluchers in brown cxl... Always wanted one of these brooks brother cordovan wallets. Had a gift card and took advantage of a big sale they had on xmas day and got this. probably the nicest leather good i've ever owned.
I appreciate the thoughtful comments, all. Been a crappy experience but I've learned some lessons, met many great people, and have gained some new perspective. Not to suggest I didn't before, but it has provided me such an increased amount of empathy and compassion for those who have been injured or suffer from handicaps. I am just fortunate to have such a great level of help and support from my wife and family.... it makes me feel so bad for those who aren't as lucky, and...