or Connect

Posts by grit

Sure, but he's only overrated in the same way that Michael Phelps is overrated (to bring the topic full circle). That Tracy Austin essay in Consider the Lobster should be required reading for any sports fan, and in fact has completely changed my perspective on the athlete interview. It really made me appreciate guys like R.A. Dickey and Adonal Foyle, smart athletes who have some perspective on life outside their sport.
damn that's a great price too. wish it were my size
I have a belt like you're describing, purchased from J Crew.
Webstore is up! A little buggy right now but looks pretty decent http://www.wingsandhorns.com/
I feel that way about the W+H sweat shorts I bought when they went on sale. I normally don't dress that casually but I wanted to splurge on something super luxurious to bum around the apartment and they are the most amazing, comfortable thing to wear, plus they got a rare thumbs-up from the lady. I tore a little hole in them and my awesome tailor fixed it so they're still going strong, probably the best "wear time to price" ratio of anything in my closet. Also, every time...
From someone who has lived in Scandinavia: are you concerned about rain/snow/ice? Walking around in wet sneakers is no fun for anyone. I'm thinking Danner boots or some other hiking boot might be a better option? They can be found for around $200 on sale. Depends on the range of temperatures you'll be dealing with.
A.P.C. price slashed to $40. Don't sleep!
I was at a crepe place in the mission and I overheard two fresh-out-of-college jackasses at the table next to me bitching about how this girl at work was trying to tell them how to do stuff and they were like "I think I'm gonna do it my way" and apparently the girl got mad so then the guy talking was like "She's just mad cause she's 30 and she hasn't done anything in her life" and I was about to be like "You dickwits, I'm 30 and you don't know a god damn thing about doing...
Some great basics here. All shirts are in great condition, no issues. Always hang-dried, never tumbled. Prices shipped CONUS. Canada add $10, others inquire. Feel free to make offers, especially on multiple items. All shirts fit a slim Medium and are tagged M - they fit as you would expect based on their respective brands. Feel free to contact me for exact measurements on the remaining APC. Thanks for looking! Update: Only one A.P.C. shirt remains! A.P.C. steel blue...
that's why my favorite sandwich is panini