or Connect

Posts by italia55

I have a few ties for sale on eBay, all Brioni and Borrelli. Styleforum members get 10% off those listed prices. Borrelli Light and Dark Blue Striped Tie http://www.ebay.com/itm/181202815715?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649 Brioni Salmon colored paisley tie http://www.ebay.com/itm/181202815726?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649 Borrelli Brown with lavender boxes...
For sale is a beautiful Brioni suit: a light tan color with dark blue pinstripes, half lined summer suit. 65% wool, 20% linen, 10% silk. Tagged and measures like a 38R. Cuffed and pleated pants. Measurements below: Shoulders: 17" Chest: 19.75" Length: 29.75" Sleeves: 25" Pant Waist: 33" + 2" to let out Pant Inseam: 31" + 1" to let out if cuffs removed This suit retails for over $4K, and is 100% authentic. It is a recent Brioni model (purchased in 2011). Beautiful...
For sale is a beautiful Brioni suit: a light tan color with dark blue pinstripes, half lined summer suit. 65% wool, 20% linen, 10% silk. Tagged and measures like a 38R. Cuffed and pleated pants. Measurements below: Shoulders: 17" Chest: 19.75" Length: 29.75" Sleeves: 25" Pant Waist: 33" + 2" to let out Pant Inseam: 31" + 1" to let out if cuffs removed This suit retails for over $4K, and is 100% authentic. It is a recent Brioni model (purchased in 2011). Beautiful...
For sale is a beautiful Brioni suit. In a charcoal color with white pinstripes, 100% wool. Tagged 40R but definitely measures closer to a 38R. Cuffed and pleated pants. Measurements below: Shoulders: 18.25" Chest: 20.75" Length: 30.75" Sleeves: 24.25" Pant Waist: 34" Pant Inseam: 29" + 1.5" to let out if cuffs removed This suit retails for over $4K, and is 100% authentic. It is a recent Brioni model (purchased in 2011) Fully lined. Item ships via USPS Priority Mail (2-3...
For sale is a beautiful Gucci suit: a dark gray staple two button suit. This is their top of the line Signoria suit with 5 working buttons on the cuffs. Tagged and measures like a 38R. Flat front pants with no pleats. Measurements below: Shoulders: 17" Chest: 20" Length: 29.75" Sleeves: 25" Pant Waist: 33" + 1" to let out Pant Inseam: 31.5" + 2" to let out This suit retails for over $3K, and is 100% authentic. It is a recent Gucci model (purchased in 2011). Save on a...
For sale is a beautiful Kiton suit. In an off white color, 100% cotton yet the finest cotton I have felt. Tagged 48IT (38R US) with a 7R drop. Working surgeons cuffs, not altered. Non-cuffed pants. Measurements in photos, but for your reference: Shoulders: 17" Chest: 20" Sleeves: 24.5" Pant Waist: 32" Pant Inseam: 31.5" This suit retails for over $5K, and is 100% authentic. The best in Kiton cotton in an ultra rare color. Fully lined. Item ships via USPS Priority Mail...
For sale is a beautiful Tom Ford suit: a rare light tan two button suit. This is the Base A model with 5 working buttons on the cuffs. Tagged and measures like a 38R. Flat front and cuffed pants. Side tab adjusters on pants as well. 55% Silk, 45% Linen, beautiful herringbone texture to the fabric. Measurements below: Shoulders: 17" Chest: 20" Length: 29.75" Sleeves: 24.5" Pant Waist: 32" + 1" to let out Pant Inseam: 31.5" + 1" to let out This suit retails for over $5K,...
I measured a Brioni Millenio 39R suit which fits me quite well at the chest (armpit to armpit) and waist (right above the pockets) of the jacket. The Chest measured 41" and the waist measured 39". This is after tailoring and taking in. As far as the trousers go, I wear a trouser waist size of 32".Knowing this, do the measurements I quoted make more sense? I thank you for all your help and I wish I was local (I am in FL) to visit your tailoring shop!
Thank you very much for the helpful advice! For future reference, why is it not advisable to buy the 43" chest and shorten it by 2"? I feel like my tailor takes in at least that much on all the other suits I have had tailored.
I have tailored many of my suits and the objective is always the same - The waist and chest of the jacket need to be taken in. The tailor accomplishes this by taking in the back seam and two sides, but he always insists on adding shoulder padding to make sure no ripples are near the underarms when the waist and chest are taken in. Problem is, these are Brioni suits and they already have a strong shoulder. Is this correct and typical to make sure the back stays clean when...