or Connect

Posts by SantaCruzGuy

Out of all the coats that I have, my genuine Shearling coat is absolutely the warmest thing I've got which is important to me since I'm tall & lean kind of guy. I suffer in the cold! The last time I wore mine was up in San Francisco, on a cold, cloudy day in the financial district. I think I got one or two looks but I wasn't terribly concerned about it at all. The one I've got, I inherited from my dad who had it custom made in Los Gatos. It has these fantastic horn buttons...
Those are drool worthy pictures for sure! Can someone with expertise comment in here re. the Barrie last? I understand that because of the large size of the last, it's recommended that most people go down one half size in length, however, I've also just heard that people in addition should also go down one size in width as well. I have somewhat narrow feet but I still seem to do fine with D width shoes. Thanks so much for the fabulous pictures. I need to get...
Quote: Originally Posted by Bounder Thanks for all the interesting responses. I confess that I'm a bit surprised at the answers I didn't get. For one thing, I thought I would get a lot more responses regarding American cities and mentions of places like Scarsdale. Maybe I shouldn't have used the word "city." Nonetheless, it seems that hardly anyone thinks that their own city or town qualifies. I agree with Vienna which, as Vox pointed out,...
I purchased the Dyson dc-15 "the ball" & love it. I haven't had a problem w/it & if I purchased another vac I'd buy the same thing all over again. I think that's the best endorsement I can give. There is a voyeuristic cool factor in scoping out the contents of the clear container to see all the garbage & gunk you vacuum up I have to admit. Not having to pay for bags is something I appreciate. They're coming out w/a new vac next month you might want to check out. It's...
[I really like this jacket. Here's a pic. It hasn't been altered yet. Should I keep the big brass buttons? They're flashier than I'm used to.] .........In my opinion keep the buttons, the jacket looks sharp.
Alright, here's what I think about this dude- I saw the same photo & folks opinions in The Sartorialist as well & I was REALLY surprised at how polarized people's opinions were in there, as well as here! To my view, the guy looks great & obviously cares about how he looks. His overall appearance is sharp, I imagine he knows what looks good on him which is an asset. I think the great lesson to be learned from this is that with the exception of job interviews, &...
Hey you know, I'd really like to see a B & R watch like the one we see with a gold case & lots of diamonds. I think that'd look extra cool. What do you guys think? How did I know this thread would string all the way out to five pages?
J. Crew is mid end. The other posters are correct in that you should never pay full retail. Everything they sell eventually goes on sale. The other thing that I find I really like about J. Crew is that they do beautiful layouts in their catalogs, & have cool pics of their clothes online. I turn to J. Crew many times for inspiration actually. I suspect many other people probably do the same thing. They're definitely a big notch up from The Gap, & some of the other...
Hi Get Smart, I really don't care for these watches at all aesthetically speaking. The airplane avionics look as far as I'm concerned strikes me as a complete gimmick. Very uninspired, but that's just my personal taste. I'm sure they must have a market though.
Comon' you people, you need to get with the program: Of course Katie didn't break a sweat, & Tom looks like he's thirty because they're both Scientologists. How could you have not known this stuff.