or Connect

Posts by thinman

Quote: Originally Posted by Baron That's a pretty sensible list, except I'd put Duncan in that gourp. I'd drop the Big O to the end of the group and argue that Kobe is now vying with him for that spot, but I think you mostly have the right cast of characters. The next group includes: Hakeem Moses Malone The Logo Isaiah Yeah, Duncan, West, and Kobe probably head up my next group. I rank Robertson so high because the guy was the original...
Quote: Originally Posted by RFX45 I prefer Hedo over Carter any day. Carter is ok but he chucks up too many shot. He will be shooting 18-20 shots a night and cannot distribute the ball well. For this trade to work well, Carter has to learn how to drive and drop pass to Howard once the help comes and he'll be filled with assist, IF he can do it. In other news... I agree that Carter's offense is limited by his limited passing ability, but...
We could spend a lifetime arguing about the merits and the ordering of the top 50, but I think it's easier to make a shorter list (Among the top 50, I'd include Bob Lanier instead of Walt Bellamy and I wouldn't rank either McHale or Pippen as highly. No one would remember either of them if they didn't win championships with Bird and Jordan, respectively). Here's my top 8 based on how they changed the way the game, and/or their position, is played: 1. Michael...
Quote: Originally Posted by thekunk07 rubio would have been great on oklahoma city holy shit! knicks made a good pick Quote: Originally Posted by Rambo ^ OK City whiffed on that pick. Rubio, Green, and Durant would have made one of the best backcourts in the league. And what the fuck was with Minnesota taking three point guards? Rubio said publicly that he didn't want to play in OKC. I find the trades much more...
1. RL, but only Purple Label or Polo; none of the Lauren, Chaps, etc. lines for me (or conspicuous logos). 2. Brooks Brothers. I like their sweaters and I own a few belts and pairs of socks, but most everything else doesn't fit me well. They are my source for MTM BD collar shirts. 3. J. Crew. Don't shop there, but perhaps I should take a look at their casual clothing.
I wear monkstraps or chelsea boots because they're easy to take on and off and they're extremely versatile, as I can wear them with anything from jeans to a suit. My favorites are a pair of Martegani shell cordovan monks in color #6 that go with anything, look great, and are low-maintenance. For trips of a week or longer, if I wear the monks, I'll pack the chelseas and vice versa.
Buy two and moisturize your hands. By the time both are unwearable, you will have tired of the tie and will want something different. I repair big snags in my ties by threading the snag through the eye of a needle and pulling it to the back of the tie and (this will make people cringe) I repair small snags by using a cigarette lighter to singe the silk (very, very carefully).
The sale explicitly includes shell cordovan shoes (they're discounted on the website), whereas in past years it was necessary to find a friendly SA who would give the discount.
Quote: Originally Posted by porcelain monkey Solid, stripes in the same color family, large patterns, just not any small patterns similar in scale to the shirt itself. Pick a color in the tattersall to match the predominant color in the tie. +1. I like a solid grenadine (for texture) in a color contained in the tattersall pattern of the shirt. I also wear a diamond pattern with at least one color in the same family as a color from the shirt....
Quote: Originally Posted by lawyerdad I'm not maintaining that he's innocent, since I have no idea what the truth is. Nor do I think the behavior of others mitigates whatever he has done. But I don't think that the simple fact of an accusation does anything to establish that he's any worse . . . You are of course correct, but I can't bring myself to accept that on an emotional level. One of my many...