or Connect

Posts by thinman

I've owned brown calfskin Tetburys for years and they're my go-to dress casual rain boots. I like them so much that I just bought a pair of black calfskin, even though I would really prefer a corodovan shade of chukka boot. I would be interested in something in the red or burgundy family, something like Carmina's ruby (if C&J has something similar).
Is their sizing chart accurate? I wear a 40L jacket and according to their chart, I would wear an XL, yet the Emergent cardigan I bought is a L and practically a perfect fit (They are out of size L).
Thanks Fok. Now to decide if I want a Stark or a shawl collar Inverallan 6A....
I ordered a pair of C&J Tetburys from the Edwards of Manchester sale on Sunday, they shipped on Monday, and DHL attempted deliver on Wednesday. When I ordered, they had black calf and dark brown suede, each in a range of sizes. Unless you want brown calfskin, you may want to cancel your order and order from EoM (check the thread in Menswear). At just over 400 USD, shipped, the price wasn't bad and I'll have them in about 4 days.
I ordered a discounted EG Westminster from EoM last Spring, even though they didn't have it in stock, and received it several months later. This time, they are selling only models currently in stock.Their service truly is exceptional. I ordered a pair of the C&J Tetburys on Sunday, they shipped on Monday, and DHL attempted delivery yesterday (Wednesday).
For anyone who owns a sweater in burgundy/bordeaux/oxblood, how versatile are the red tones compared to something in the gray or blue family? I really like the weave on the Stark and the "mix" fabrics, but I already own cardigans in navy, air force blue, charcoal gray, and gray melange (Emergent, courtesy of a member here).Last year I waited, hoping to find a discounted triple blue mix and missed out, so I don't want to make the same mistake again.
I ordered a pair of EG Westminsters from EoM last Spring and they arrived by DHL with no fees. I'm hoping the C&J Tetburys they just shipped also escape fees (incidentally, I ordered on Sunday and the boots shipped on Monday).
Well, it pretty clearly says "98", so this is new to me.
It probably says "48" and L, meaning 48 Long. "48" is the distance across the chest, in centimeters. To convert to US measurements, double to get the circumference in centimeters and divide by 2.54 to convert centimeters to inches. So a European 48 corresponds to a US 37.8, or approximately a US 38. The quick, approximate conversion is to subtract 10 from the European sizing to get US sizing, but this doesn't work well for larger sizes (for example, a Euro 56 is...
I use Obenauf's LP on all my shoes (and belts) before the first wearing, except for suede or shoes that I don't want to darken. Obenauf's will darken brown or burgundy leather. After treating with Obenauf's, I put on several coats of wax polish. It can be difficult to raise a good shine after treatment with Obenauf's (it usually takes about 10 polishings before I can get a good shine).On suede shoes (and belts or jackets), I use a spray-on suede protector, which also...