or Connect

Posts by thinman

I've owned a pair of McCallum chukkas for about 7 years, sized down 1/2 size (bought US 11.5D instead of my usual US 12D), and I find the toe box has plenty of room. Mine have dainite soles and are my go-to casual rain boots. I wear them with jeans, cords, and moleskin trousers. I don't worry much about putting a high shine on them; I simply polish the scuffs out and condition with Saphir cream about once a year. I like shell cordovan not only for the creasing, but also...
Yeah, but I was hoping that unionmade would have better pricing and I wouldn't have to hassle with customs duties. I assumed the "bardeaux" was bordeaux, but I'll take another look.
No cardigans in oxblood mix.
Here are my brown Tetburys (I happen to have worn them today; you can see a small scuff on the left big toe):Uploaded with ImageShack.usI've had them for about 3-5 years and love them so much, I just bought a pair of black nubuck (I was torn between black and suede). They are my go-to business casual boots in rain and light snow. I don't think they're the waxed nubuck, but I forget the name C&J used. I do polish them with red periodically and also use Saphir's "mahagoni"...
Yeah, I've been lusting after the plum museum calf, myself. I should have sucked it up and done a MTO Vale in plum museum calf when JL was still making the Vale.
I find it very easy to darken shoes, especially those in the red/burgundy color family. I would have kept them and polished them with black and burgundy until I had the color I wanted.
I really wanted a pair of the Darwin slip-ons in tan (I already have a pair in dark brown analogous to EG's dark oak and love them), but they're out of my size. FWIW, the McCallum shell cordovan chukka boots are great.
Ron, glad to see you're still around and doing business.
I see nothing wrong with the 4th tie. It looks to me like a Macclesfield, a traditional English pattern:http://www.styleforum.net/t/9336/of-macclesfield-ties-fudge-welts
Thanks guys. I guess I will try to be patient...