or Connect

Posts by thinman

Thanks! I checked them out and they have nothing for me. Great prices though!! (especially for Navy (M) or Army Green (M, L) Stark).
Website?
I've found it best to deal with Shoemart by phone. Models shown on their website are often out of stock. IIRC their Alden seconds don't even get posted on the web.
I don't know what's going on at EoM right now, but I've gotten very good service. They worked with me last Spring to order a pair of EG Westminsters at their sale price, even though the Westminsters weren't listed on the website and they didn't have them in stock. The shoes were delivered only 2 weeks after their estimated delivery date. Then, on a Sunday in September I ordered a pair of C&J Tetburys that were in stock and I had them by the following Wednesday. So they...
I think the white background on your color card is seriously distorting the colors. My Saphir mahogany cream is MUCH darker than it looks in your photo. If the OP is worried about cream polish being too light, he can always alternate polishing with burgundy and black or mix burgundy with black. I find it very easy to darken shoes.
I use Saphir's mahogany (mahagoni?) on brown shoes to give them a chestnut brown hue and some really nice depth of color. I wouldn't use it on my burgundy shoes (though I've never tried Saphir burgundy).
It all depends where you are located. In 2006, I found Corneliani-made Polo Ralph Lauren jackets and suits at some Marshall's stores. Other carry only tripe. IME, Marshall's stores in the most affluent areas have the best merchandise.
I ordered a pair of Tetburys from Edwards of Manchester during their last sale. Ordered on Sunday and had them by Wednesday. I have no idea how they shipped to the US so fast.Ben Silver's prices are very high, but they sometimes have unique makeups, like Weymouths in tan.
I grew up in Tucson, so I know the winter weather in parts of Arizona and I like the chukka boot suggestion, but try to find something without a leather sole. I wear chukka boots with Dainite soles in rain and slush because leather soles are deadly-slick. Although "the rules" forbid wearing black and brown together and it wouldn't be my first choice, I think a black coat and brown shoes wouldn't be tragic because shoes and a coat aren't right next to each other. I made...
Thanks for posting this, stevent! I ordered the burgundy Kibworths last night. I really like elastic gore loafers, already have a pair in dark brown (RLPL Darwin), and thought my chance of finding an affordable pair in burgundy was nil, so I'm very pleased. I'm hoping they're actually burgundy antique, but I can easily antique them myself.