or Connect

Posts by thinman

I'm not so sure a gray suede monkstrap shoe works for me, but I'd have to consider seriously a gray suede monkstrap chukka with a crepe sole. My next purchase should really be a slipon (monkstrap or chelsea boot, for easy on/easy off at airport security) with some type of rubberized sole for travel in wet weather. How versatile is gray suede, though? It seems like it would work for casual, but not business casual.On the other hand, there's been a gray suede wingtip blucher...
Gaziano & Girling has the Oakham in vintage cherry. It's a gorgeous shoe, though it's out of your stated price range and may be a little too red for your tastes: http://www.bespoke-england.co.uk/products/oakham-in-vintage-cherry-calf-dg70 FWIW, I just got an email from Epaulet saying they don't plan to re-stock the Salinger double monks from Carmina, but would be open to a group order in burgundy shell cordovan at about $725 per pair. If you are interested, you can post...
I'm very, very tempted, but I probably need to size up from my usual 40 and it's a double Donegal, so it's guaranteed to be heavy-weight. I really like that vest in the post above yours, by dotcomzzzzzzzzz, and would be tempted to order one, if Inverallan were still taking orders (Lurking here is hard on my wallet).
Thanks Blackhood; will do.
My solution on warmer Fall/Winter days is a cashmere vest under my blazer, so the blazer serves as outerwear.
I"m annoyed with CT right now because they're the only company I've found that sells RTW non-iron shirts with a 15.5" neck and 36.5" sleeve, but they've had none in stock for the past several months. So, I need to replace several shirts and they keep tempting me with discounts, but when I visit the website, they're out of stock. I should probably email them to ask when and if they plan to re-stock.
I own a pair of Grenson Stowe "wholecuts" in dark brown suede and calfskin, distributed much like the shoes in your link. I wear them for business casual with flannels and get compliments whenever I wear them. They're different from other shoes in a very subtle way and I really like that.The shoes you linked are SWEET!
This is a fantastic tie!! Do you sell anything similar? I wish I owned it!
I've always liked Alexis, but I suppose that's out(?). Of course, I'm the guy whose first choice for a boy's name is McLovin.
And Unipair would have a lot of my money if they stocked US 12D (UK 11E). I can understand why they might not get much demand for that size from the Asian market.Edit: I see they do have some models in UK 11E. Oh, this could be bad!