or Connect

Posts by thinman

My solution on warmer Fall/Winter days is a cashmere vest under my blazer, so the blazer serves as outerwear.
I"m annoyed with CT right now because they're the only company I've found that sells RTW non-iron shirts with a 15.5" neck and 36.5" sleeve, but they've had none in stock for the past several months. So, I need to replace several shirts and they keep tempting me with discounts, but when I visit the website, they're out of stock. I should probably email them to ask when and if they plan to re-stock.
I own a pair of Grenson Stowe "wholecuts" in dark brown suede and calfskin, distributed much like the shoes in your link. I wear them for business casual with flannels and get compliments whenever I wear them. They're different from other shoes in a very subtle way and I really like that.The shoes you linked are SWEET!
This is a fantastic tie!! Do you sell anything similar? I wish I owned it!
I've always liked Alexis, but I suppose that's out(?). Of course, I'm the guy whose first choice for a boy's name is McLovin.
And Unipair would have a lot of my money if they stocked US 12D (UK 11E). I can understand why they might not get much demand for that size from the Asian market.Edit: I see they do have some models in UK 11E. Oh, this could be bad!
Although I don't mind red ties, I much prefer burgundy. Both of the (deep) red ties that I own have textural interest: one has textured pindots and the other has large, approximately 1/16" twill weave, or I think of it as a narrow self-stripe. In general, I dislike ties with a plain satin finish, perhaps because they seem to be a favorite of The Donald.
I own both the McCallum and Tetbury boots. The Tetbury is considerably more pointy that the McCallum, so much so that I wear my McCallums as casual boots, but my Tetburys for business casual (the Tetburys also shine up better). IIRC, the McCallums are on the 325 last and certainly resemble my Darlton wingtips more than they resemble my Tetburys. I can check the last when I get home tonight (if I remember). I can't comment on the Brecon on Chepstow, since I own...
I honestly don't know why C&J calls the leather on the Tetbury's "antique nubuck". I own two pairs and treat them like regular calfskin, whereas other "nubuck" shoes I own look like suede with a very short nap, just enough to give a matte finish. The oldest of the two pairs of Tetburys' has developed a nice patina.
Are the Darwin elasticated loafers going on sale? I have a pair in dark brown, very much like EG's dark oak, and I love them.