or Connect

Posts by thinman

How long will the hatch-grain MTO be up ( I'd really prefer to wait 4-5 days so the purchase goes on my next credit card billing cycle)?
Wow, that's almost the exact outfit I'm wearing today. My jacket does have a herringbone weave and peak lapels, though, and my pocket square is an unimaginative white linen with light blue polka dots.Stitchy, I have only one gray jacket and my go-to trousers to wear with it are navy. It's a pairing that makes sense to me, as it does to you, as an inversion of the classic gray trousers with navy blazer. I suspect that I find gray trousers more versatile than navy simply...
I'm also wearing navy "pents" today, made of linen, along with a cream shantung silk jacket. Although I wear various shades of gray more often than navy, I really like the look of navy trousers with chestnut brown shoes and belt (this thread was my inspiration for breaking out my navy linen pants).
For those of you who own shoes made with the hatch grain leather, how does it polish up? Does polish build up in the striations and dull the shine?
I'm interested. I'd prefer fewer eyelets and I'm not particular about the last, though I agree that a round toe would look better. If the MTO hatch-grain chukka happens, I'll probably need to make a choice to buy only one of the two.
Will the chukka have a Dainite sole? Please?Also, do you have a picture of the 4-eye chukka? I've only seen 3- and 5-eyelet chukkas from Carmina.
The straps on my John Lobb jodhpurs need to be undone and re-done each time I take them on/off. I think this is true of almost every maker's jodhpur boots. Chelsea boots are much more convenient.When I say "dressy" boot, I still mean business casual and I prefer something easier to take on and off than a high boot like the typical bal boots I see here and from EG. I'm looking for "dressy" chukkas to alternate with my C&J Tetburys (something a little more sleek than RL...
You know, if I can't get a chukka with Dainite soles, I could go for a chelsea boot instead. I'm not a big fan of jodhpur boots because I find wrapping and buckling the straps a PITA.My primary need right now is 2 pairs of boots, one casual and one dressy, to wear in rain and slush, but I'm also looking for dressy brown chelsea boots.
With Dainite sole? If so, I'm most likely in (depending on the last).
Nice article. Thanks for posting.