or Connect

Posts by ebmk3891

So I've searched the forum for stylish boot suggestions but either they are out of my price range or out of the US. I'm going up to VT tonight and need to get a pair of boots for some possible hiking. I'm not looking for anything fancy looking, but something that could hold up for this weekend as well as something passable for work. I work in the financial district so I am wearing slacks and a collared shirt every day. I'm looking to spend up to $200 and was looking...
PM sent on the watch
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...3&sportCat=nba good insight on the Carmelo Anthony situation. While I'd like to see the Clipper situation he writes, I dont' see it happening.
Quote: Originally Posted by chasingred Does anyone have success stories about dry cleaners getting cooking oil stains out of wool pants? Or am I screwed? if it's food oil - you can also use a little bit of dish detergent and cold water and do a spot cleaning. You can use this with most materials. If it's say a cotton shirt and the stain does not come out, do not throw it in the dryer. The dryer will permanently set the stain in.
Quote: Originally Posted by Solo118 Quick ?... If I were interested in buying Asian made custom shirts for CHEAP ($20-$30 a pop) where can I look? I know the quality will not be superb, but I am getting sick of having sloppy looking shirts from my usual stores. I have only had success with shirts from h&m and sometimes Zara, but nothing else fits at my usual price point. Wish I could spend more for a proper fitting brand Thanks in advance. PS What...
Quote: Originally Posted by fuji They don't do shit. Doing push ups won't get you really any stronger and sit ups are pointless. Thats what I meant, converse are hard soled as in they won't compress. I wear Paul Smith chucks for lifting. Sorry, I can't say about situps since I do other exercises, pushups on the other hand can develop a lot of strength/muscle. You're probably just doing one form and maybe doing a couple sets. Try...
Unless you're doing some powerlifting, don't use gloves. Without gloves, your forearms do more work and your grip will be much stronger. Try to stay away from using barbell grips to lock in weights - you need to learn how to balance the weight say when you're doing bench press. Learn good form rather than using heavy weight - this will avoid injury and you'll develop better muscles. As for clothes, if you sweat a lot - try some underarmour type wear. ...
Quote: Originally Posted by binge Is there a Nordstrom in your area? They often carry Allen-Edmonds. You could try some on there. If you'd rather take a gamble on some untried shoes, then I'd stick with a size you know that fits, even if it's a different last. If the PAs are snug, you can always take them to a shoe repair shop and have them stretched a bit. Thanks - yeah I'm in NY so that's not a problem. I just feel bad going into a...
okay - so no one answered my question in the other AE threads. I'm looking to get the Park Aves. I generally wear a 10 D (sometimes can be snug). I bought a pair of AE's on ebay but it didn't list the model. I got it for it's color/looks. They were listed as 10D's and fit pretty well. As for the Park Aves - I've read that the last is pretty slim. Should I get 9E's? 9EE's? My foot is 4" at its widest point
Quote: Originally Posted by noobizor Fashion gods: Towards the end of January, I'd like to wear a grey Hickey Freeman suit to an interview. Total n00b question, but would the above suit be acceptable? I want to be certain that (a) it's an appropriate color for the month/occasion, and (b) I don't look like a total asshole applying for my first lowly teaching job in too nice of a suit. (I paid ten bucks at Goodwill, but according to my, uh,...