or Connect

Posts by ebmk3891

Hoping to get some opinions on whether I should bother getting this jacket tailored. I bought a Scotch & Soda jacket online and the chest is really the only part that feels right. Jacket is not that loose around the waist, but i think maybe the jacket material/color makes it look "big". The sleeves are too long and I'm not sure if it'd be worth the money to have a tailor shorten these. There are 4 buttons and you can see the stitching for the button holes, but it's...
Part of my job is working with the hardware as well. Racking servers, setting up firewalls, switches, etc. Most of my work is done remotely, but having access to a datacenter is extremely beneficial for me. The problem at a place like Rackspace or GoDaddy is you'll have a very defined role and limited opportunities.
I was wondering if anybody out there had experience working with a startup. I'm looking for an opportunity to help build my skills/expertise in the IT field. I have a lot of responsibilities at my current job, but it's been repetitive tasks and I don't get to work with the hardware as I'm a systems engineer. I feel like a huge part of learning for my job is configuring the hardware and we pay another company to do most of the dirty work. I feel like a startup would be a...
My apologies. I posted in here last time and got a huge slew of responses so I didn't even bother checking for a specific forum. I'll move my thread there. I'm usually good about these things, but hey no ones perfect. Thanks,
I was wondering if anybody out there had experience working with a startup. I'm looking for an opportunity to help build my skills/expertise in the IT field. I have a lot of responsibilities at my current job, but it's been repetitive tasks and I don't get to work with the hardware as I'm a systems engineer. I feel like a huge part of learning for my job is configuring the hardware and we pay another company to do most of the dirty work. I feel like a startup would be...
I figured I'd post this here to see if anyone is interested. Looking to downgrade to a smaller tablet. HP Touchpad 32GB Black with dual booting options of WebOS and Android Ice Cream Sandwich. Comes with original case, wiper, charger and includes the HP folio case. There is a slight cracks on the casing near the speaker enclosure, but this was due to the folio case. I didn't use this tablet that much. It's in great condition. I will update to the latest Cyangenmod...
Is this universal or just some schools? By part-time, I only meant work and not school.
Thanks - I have considered many of those a factor in my decision. I'd only go to law school if I could get into a top university. What state do your law friends live in? What I am hoping to do is work part-time at a firm that practices IP while attending classes. From my perspective of many of my friends, interning/part-time work to develop that experience during school is crucial to landing a fulltime job after graduating. I realize the risk coming out of this which...
I should be okay for the qualification. My degree had me do a number of programming, physics and math. My degree also came with a minor in physics and mathematics. I'm not much of a programmer, but I know enough to understand the logic and read code. @NoVaguy - by nightly programs in DC, do you mean a law school or is there something else? Sounds like I should take the patent bar exam and not really worry too much about working in a firm as a sys admin. Thanks
I saw the other law school thread, but looking for some insight and personal experience from any of you that are in this field (whether it'd be a patent agent or lawyer). I have a BS in computer engineering and have been working as a system administrator for the past 5-6 years. I've been thinking about applying for a job as a sys admin at a law firm to be around that type of environment and then start studying for the patent bar exam and become an agent. I figure a year...