or Connect

Posts by chakmak

Selling these two brand new Velva Sheen Shawl Cardigans. One is size Large in Navy and the other is size Medium in Grey. They run small so they need to be sized up. I am asking $90 for each. They retail for $148. Here is the description from Bench & Loom where I purchased them: Description The best of both worlds – the flattering silhouette of a cardigan and the sublime comfort of a cotton sweatshirt. It’s the perfect casual layer. Wear it over a white T-shirt and...
Selling this unworn Epaulet dress belt in caramel calfskin size 34". This retails for $85 - asking $70. See below for product summary from Epaulet's website. http://epauletnewyork.com/products/mens-dress-belt-caramel-calfskin Hand-crafted in the United States, Epaulet belts combine phenomenal materials with meticulous workmanship to yield a handsome and long-lasting addition to your wardrobe. We're confident you'll love them more and more with each wear. They are...
Got a Todd Snyder x Champion grey hoodie in Medium that is too small for me. If someone wants to trade for a Large, PM me.
Worn once and washed once. Great piece, just not my style. Here's the description from Mister Freedom's website: * NOS American all cotton tubular jersey knit (no side seams) * Lightweight and soft * Close fitting early undershirt silhouette * Traditional flat over-lock construction * Contrast placket lining, assorted colors * Contrast 2 by 1 ribbed collar band * Baby over-lock bottom “rolling” edge * Metal NOS European military buttons, some models with fabric covered...
Thanks for the advice. I guess I figured he would just duplicate the original hem. It's my own fault I'm sure. What would you call the type of hem on the 3rd and 4th photos? Where the stitching is straight across and more visible on the outside? Also is a blind stitch like that suitable for chinos?
Haberdash 20% off any one item with MARCH20 Excludes Alden
I'm a novice when it comes to getting things tailored so figured I would ask this here. I took a pair of chinos to my local cleaners to get hemmed and wanted to know of this was acceptable. They did not duplicate the original stitching on the hem which is what I expected. Full disclosure I only paid $10. And the same pair in a different color for reference:
http://www.josbank.com/menswear/shop/Product_11001_10050_101593 Shoe trees $8.50 a pair with free shipping. Saw this on slickdeals.
Thanks for the info. That's kind of what I suspected. I'm looking for strictly a dress belt and don't really want anything too thick so I think I'll pass. Have no doubt it's great quality though. Everything I've bought from Kent has been really nice.
Is there anyone who owns Kent's belt willing to post some pictures. I'm interested but I'm having a hard time picturing what it looks like from the website photos. It almost seems like a cross between a dress belt and a casual belt.