or Connect

Posts by 100 yrs

^great post. keeping this thread alive with hopes of someone having some good luck do any shoemakers actually use a combination last where you can choose the combination outside of mtm or bespoke, i.e. an A/D instead of a B/D? i think alden used to, but won't anymore. my foot measures a 9D on the bannock heel to toe, but almost a 10D heel to ball, with narrow heels and a low volume - so similar to others here. tongue pads help, but not greatly. inserts usually don't as...
rft: if i can ever find a pair derbies that are on a last that feature a normal width forefoot but a narrower heel area i will buy 5 pairs more shoes: can anyone recommend a good cobbler in seattle? i've used emerald city shoe repair for small stuff, but i need a re-sole on a pair of boots and i don't know if they're up for it
and on a different last than barrie if i remember correctly, maybe aberdeen? i know sid mashburn in atl had an un-advertised ravello makeup in very limited sizes last time in was in there 6 months or so ago.pics of said 25 y.o. chukkas? i love pics of new makeups as much as the next guy, but this thread seriously needs an infusion of older and well worn shoes.
mid 60's degree fall day = context roy in snuff suede (+ unnoticed headphone cord) i was on the fence at first, but glad i kept them
to folks that have the alden insoles, what number did you call? the general alden one? i called alden sf this morning after no answer from alden hq, and they were completely unaware of the existence of alden branded insoles. also, the insoles look like they have a good heel cup on them, is that so?
I have the 29634F and it is indeed on barrie (i got a c width and there's no way i could wear a c width leydon). the suede is most likely also barrie, however, NRO had a suede blucher this summer on the leydon (it was lined)edit: looks like NRO also did a cxl ptb on leydon, but it likely has a different style #
to the clemson guy looking for suede, you might want to consider that the stock chukka is unlined, and i found my feet got cold during the winter with those. but you might be in s. carolina with limited cold stretches.
can a shoe be "relasted" to a narrower width during a re-sole? i'm assuming not as there are probably a dozen things that would be thrown off, just curiousalso... [[SPOILER]]
it helps that the boots i posted are on a commando sole. i am under the assumption that they wouldn't put on a commando sole if you weren't supposed to wear them in inclement weather. this'll be my second fall/winter with them.
thanks. size 9D.agreed. of my six pair of Aldens, these are probably the only one's that i'd replace with the exact same thing if anything were to happen to them