or Connect

Posts by 100 yrs

thanks. size 9D.agreed. of my six pair of Aldens, these are probably the only one's that i'd replace with the exact same thing if anything were to happen to them
Color #8 Plain Toe Boot, Plaza Last on a drizzly day in Seattle
i would suggest calling (no email) every retailer you know of and inquiring. i would start with Alden DC, SF, and NYC. rinse and repeat every 6-8 weeks.
I just picked up the context roy boot in snuff suede, the largest difference is the roy boot has a double water lock sole vs. crepe for j crew version.http://www.contextclothing.com/item.php?id=4139
alden
i can't believe you guys talked about popeyes for 3 pages and no one mentioned bojangles which blows it out of the water, albeit a fairly regional solution new laptop - macbook air, sony vaio, or lenovo. rft: new suede boots - apply suede protectant spray or not?
[[SPOILER]] update: most likely keeping the suede roys. surprisingly, the s.o. has approved without incident. "mac" break in method initiated.
whelp just received the suede roys, but i'm not sure i'm sold on them. might be going back. honestly can't decide. after wearing nothing but the plaza last and barrie in a c width, these seem outlandishly blobby at first glance. i wanted a casual boot though, so i have to get a second opinion from the s.o. (let's be honest here - her first statement is going to be "what? more brown boots?")
there were two 6-eyelet chukkas expected from jg - a brown suede (plaza) and a #8 shell (barrie). the shell was unconfirmed last time i checked.
[[SPOILER]] i checked those out. the context roy is on the trubalance, and i am ok with that*. i was looking for a boot that falls more on the casual side and was afraid that the leffot boot looked a little too refined. the j. crew snuff was an option but barrie + crepe turned me off.*the indy boots i had in the past killed my feet so i sold them, and i avoided the trubalance since then. however, last time i was in J Gilbert i tried on the reverse-chamois indy and it...