or Connect

Posts by 100 yrs

[[SPOILER]] Thanks Mike, I'm really on the fence between the two. I'm leaning C&J given my recent positive experience with their Brecon chukka, which is my current go to pair.
I would start with down a half size and a D width, because if that works for you finding makeups down the road will be a lot easier.
does anyone own both the alden 4060 and c&j harlech? if so, could you compare them in terms of fit and formality?
can anyone comment on the copley last? i got a lead on a pair of suede loafers on copley at a decent price but seems like it's a little more on the dressy end of the spectrum. if that is the case i should just pony up for the classic lhs on the van last.
Not an LWB, but these are cxl indies that are pretty much my foul weather boot. They're about a year old and I've only treated them with Alden boot cream once. These are natural cxl so they do show spots but that's part of the charm. I've had brown cxl also and that is pretty resilient to everything.
all this talk about pre-order mix-ups - I just placed a pre-order for the country tan captoe 6-eyelet chukka from AOC so i hope the eyelet person notices that they're supposed to keep going past the second set.
intrigued by the country tan 6-eye chukka on barrie, but curious how the perforated captoe will look.
me too, i pretty much always prefer the dark edge on #8 models, which seems more versatile to me.size 9D.
thanks to the dude that passed up on the pre-order for these due to a mix-up from the factory on edge color... #8 nst boot on aberdeen, commando soles from brick + morter
this is my least favorite thing about alden. doesn't help that some of their best makeups are on the barrie last which happens to feature a heel cup approximately the size of a cantaloupe.