or Connect

Posts by 100 yrs

i'm interested in the chelsea 5. i do have a low instep/low volume foot with narrow heels so i assume this would be a tough fit for me. i have some brecon chukkas on the 341 last that fit reasonably well, but the quarters come together when i have them laced tight. any hope for the chelsea 5? the strong usd is really making it hard to not order shoes i don't need.
thanks for the update. that's actually better than i expected tbh. selling a couple of pair of cordo aldens on ebay to fund these. c'mon dudes!
[[SPOILER]] Stopped in B+M on my lunch break and saw these in person today, look great. Yenni also told me that Alden wouldn't be making any more tan scotch grain makeups other than what's in the current pipeline. What a weird company.
just left my payment info with Lauren at C&J for the Dundee GMTO. hopefully 11 other people are doing the same thing very soon and this order gets sent to the factory soonish. would love the boots before next fall.
got an email back from lauren re: the dundee sizing. she recommended the same size across all lasts fwiw. i wear an UK 8E in the 341 last and will be ordering the same on the 335. I.m a 9US C/D on the brannock. so what's generally the process on these GMTOs (the dundee will be my first)? I only got the sizing advice from lauren, no instructions to collect payment or anything. does she have to make sure she has 12 people committed first? full payment up front then it...
think i counted 9 who would go for the design with the medallion. i've only been on this for a few days and i'm already anxious to get folks on board, no idea how you stuck with it for so long hoit.
i understand your position. which one do you care about more? since you initiated the GMTO (i think) you should just make one of those items non-negotiable, and if folks drop out then so be it. seems like the medallion is a bigger deal because you can always get them resoled down the line, but you can't add a medallion. as i've mentioned before, i have warmed up to the idea of the medallion and am in either way.
I vote Danite only because I'm in Seattle and it rains here even more now, but don't fell strongly. Double leather is probably more comfortable.I've also eased my stance on the medalion. Prefer without but could roll with it if the group wants it.
Alden x anatomica. These fit larger than other modified last shoes I have that are the same tagged size. Works with thicker socks but a bit disappointing because the modified last shoes I have are easily my best fitting Aldens
Newest boots, captoe on modified from anatomica.